giving the game ball to...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TexasTitan24, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

have you ever thought that the reason CJ seems like carrying the team is because of Vince? Sure you made a good case that CJ is the reason VY is doing so well, but you have to realize CJ is really breaking out ever since VY became starter. Also if Vince doesnt make those KEY 3rd down conversions than CJ's stats wouldnt be as explosive as they are. They feed of one another and without one then Defensive Coordinators can key on one.

The Game Ball goes to Vince!

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Texcans were 100% committed to stopping CJ and he still got 151 yards. last 4 games the texans have held RB's under 70 yards per game. CJ had the whole Texans defense watching him and he still did what the last 4 RB's couldn't.

3. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

While CJ didn't break the big one we've become accustomed to, he had some tough runs. He got rocked a few times and popped right back up. He's a tough little MF in addition to being fast as hell.

4. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I love how spoiled we've gotten with CJ, myself included. A 150 yard game with about 5 yards per carry is great- heck, he was a candidate for the "ground player of the week" on nfl.com. He just didn't break off any huge TD runs like we're used to.

That being said, I'd give the game ball to VY because he really carried the team with those 3rd down conversions. The Texans had no answer for his scrambling. His passing was great too (besides the gift that Dunta Robinson dropped). Nice to see Britt play as well as he did too.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If I'm starting a team I'd take Young & Johnson over any other two players in this league right now. Give the game ball to both of them. Cut it in half! I saw earlier in this thread someone said give the game ball to Chuck Cecil. I'm glad someone else is trying to like this guy, because it was hard in the beginning. He is developing like any young person in the NFL, he's learning as he goes. Expect the defense to be where we wanted it to be later and later. By seasons end we'll have ourselves a pretty good defensive coordinator.

6. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

CJ has us soooooo spoiled.

A typical NFL running back has a "good" game when they get over 100 yards rushing and average 4.0 yards or more per carry.

CJ gets 151 yards with a 5.2 yards per carry average and he was "contained".

Anyway you slice it life is good with CJ/VY in the Titans backfield.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar