Givens to visit Tennessee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NYTitansFan, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metal957

metal957 Starter

Man I'm not sure about this. I would rather have the guys here battle it out for the spots. And that is adding a guy where the three amigos would loose reps and experience. Not worth the cash. Look at our luck with other FA WR in the past. Pickens and Thigpen nothing good camefrom them.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Doubt we seriously go after him with a price tag like that. I do like Givens, but whoever gets him I bet will pay too much for him.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

why is everyone so high on Givens ? he's not that good

4. I don't think we have a THAT bad of an offense to spend what Givens want. I'd rather spend money on the building of solid defense - defense is what we need now.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

we don't need to spend that much money on a WR ......
    when Chow wants to throw 200 times a year to TE's

6. Ice

Ice Guest

I think hes a decent option considering bennett and calico are both free agents after this year. we wont get anything from jones this year either. i dont mind him for a deal similar to thornton's.

7. smili

smili Starter

Agree. That's too much to pay for him.
    Let Roby and Roydell keep getting playing time. When Brandon Jones is back it'll be even better. I don't think Givens is a #1. NOt sure Jones, Roby, or Williams are either, but save the $.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't think that Jones will contribute much this season, the key is to get him back to 100%. We dont need another Calico incident by coming back at 80% and being no good for 2 years.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

What he wants and what he gets are 2 different things. 18.5 is all that's on the table right now. He's shopping.

Calico IS a bust. He has bad hands even forgetting about his bum wheels. Brandon Jones most likely won't return to his early '05 form until 2007. Bennett is not really a number 1 receiver. That leaves 2 rookies, one of whom broke his hand last year, to try to get it going. I don't see anybody on the receiving corp rising to the occasion to be a number one.

Now, IMO, Givens has question marks himself about his #1 potential. I agree with TJ, NO WAY is he worth 25 mil for 5 years. I'd go 20 for 5 with option extension at 3 yrs. That's about it.

Too bad TO is such locker room poison.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i'd consider TO for one year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar