Givens to Decide on Titans Offer This Morning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: WR David Givens is expected to make a final decision this morning on whether or not he wants to become a Titan. Yesterday, an agreement was reached a $24 million contract for a five-year deal. Givens said he expects to make his decision official this morning after talking with his family and agent Brad Blank last night. "Of course nothing is finalized and it really doesn't matter until he signs something on the dotted line," Titans General Manager Floyd Reese said of Givens. "But I think as far as negotiations and talks, that has all been pleasant." Having more opportunities is one of the key reasons Tennessee is attactive to Givens. "Being a 1 is important to me," said Givens. "I want to be utilized to my full potential and from speaking to Coach Fisher and other coaches they seem very high about going out there and putting the ball in the playmaker's hands without any hesitation. In New England, I felt at times I wasn't utilized to my full potential. I feel like I'd have a great chance here."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

as Mr. Conspiracy says, and I agree, he is making a last ditch effort to let the Patriots make an offer.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

He shouldn't sign if he's going to regret the decision. I see a short stay in Tennessee if that's the case.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't think he is regretting, but I guess most players want to stay with the team that drafted them.

I went to a Patriots fan forum and they were saying there is little to no chance of them offering Givens any contract.

BTW TJ - I advertised GoTitans.com, so some may come down next time we play the Patriots.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Heck, if you were him, wouldn't you have second thoughts about leaving the pats to join the titans? Look at the last three seasons of both teams... besides the whole familiarity thing...
    I mean, I'm optimistic, but I can understand him wanting to see if he could stay there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar