Givens has Third Surgery on Knee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans WR David Givens recently had a third surgery on the left knee he injured against the Ravens on Nov. 12, 2006. Givens tore his left ACL, tore his meniscus and broke a bone in the knee that required bone plugs which required a second surgery months after the original. After signing a $24 million deal, he caught only eight passes for 104 yards in five games before injuring the knee. After missing the entire 2007 season, Titans officials haven't been optimistic about Givens' chances of playing again.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

He needs to man up & call it a day.

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Great. And now people wants us to draft Early Doucet. Hell yeah, we collect injury-prone WRs.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Maybe it will cancel each other out.

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Injury settlement and move along...nothing to see here...

7. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

Man, this team has been terrible at wr development. Every FA they sign has been a bust. They've managed to develop two wr's in 10 years. Mason and Bennett. They got lucky with both guys. I don't have a clue what they should do now. I mean they've tried everything. We've drafted wr's in all rounds. We've paid has beens and never beens alike. I'm stumped.

We have not tried a trade yet? Let's trade somebody! It couldn't be any worse than the bunch of bozos we had last year.

8. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I feel bad for him. IF he'd been healthy, he really could've helped us...especially this year. I think it is time to sign off on him though. He'll never be the same after all these surgeries.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Done, I'm afraid. Which we pretty much knew anyway. Consolation to him: at least he's been getting paid all this time.

10. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

how much of a cap hit would he be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar