Give it to me straight

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by i82much, Jan 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

The D couldn't have done any better man. Joe Flacco didn't beat us, so why harp on that? If Joe Flacco came out and threw for 250 yards and a couple scores then your argument would be valid. WE beat ourselves by handing them the ball on otherwise scoring drives. There is nothing we should have or could have done on defense to change the outcome of that game.

2. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Whether Flacco threw for 300 or 100 yards it doesnt matter,i would of liked us to put more pressure on the guy, what is so hard to understand about that??? I agree we played solid on defense and only gave up 13 points but with that being said i still thought we could of put more heat on the guy. I dont need stats to make my point vaild, i watched the game and thats what i'm basing my opinion on.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I don't need stats to make my point valid either. Pressure schmessure, we didn't lose on D. More pressure wasn't the key to the game. I understand where you're coming from, I just don't understand why you're coming from there in this instance

4. Sam Herron

Sam Herron Camp Fodder

We did get pressure on Flacco, he just didn't screw it up. Now, we didn't get the pressure like we did on Pittsburgh, but you can't get pressure like that when they keep everybody back and only have two people running routes. I fault our Defense for that first touchdown. I mean, Mason over the top? Cmon. But besides that, they did what they should have. As I said in a previous post, you can emphasize trying to force turnovers, but you cannot gameplan it or guarantee it will happen because turnovers are almost always dependent on the offense to screw up. The goal is to try to put the opposing offense in compromising positions where turnovers are more likely, but if the offense doesnt make the mistake, there isn't anything we can do. Baltimores offense was obviously in "Whatever you do, do not turn the ball over" mode, and our offense did not take advantage of this by putting them in catch up mode, which is how you get to Baltimore's offense and force Flacco to make himself vulnerable.

I also pointed out how easily we could have put them in that position. If we make a field goal on the Lenwhale fumble drive, then one on the Collins INT drive, we're up 13-7. Crumpler TD makes it 20-7 or 20-10 at best, then Baltimore is forced to open the playbook, we get a hit on Flacco, an INT on the play, maybe force a fumble since they aren't in max protect anymore, and it snowballs. Pittsburgh did EXACTLY that. You could almost feel the Polamalu INT coming. We never put them in that position.

5. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

You got your opinion and i have mine, i'm done with this topic

6. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

The Pukesburgh Steelers are the # 1 hated team in our history
    The Fartamore Ratbird are the # 2 hated team in our team's history

Can you say go Cardinals?

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

It isn't a matter of opinion. You're looking at insignificant details, I'm looking at the big picture. The insignificant details say we didn't sack him and he didn't throw a pick. Fair enough. The big picture is that we held them to 13 points, which is all you can ask out of a defensive unit. You can keep stressing that more pressure on Flacco was the key, but that simply isn't the case. More points on offense was the key, and that's where we failed. And not due to poor execution, simply due to inopportune, individual mistakes.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I wish I could HIGH FIVE this a million times.

Psychotictitan, you have to agree with this. It doesn't get much clearer.

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Wish you could too man, something about positive rep makes me feel like a bad a$s. Where is KingTitan, speaking of positive rep, i havent heard from him in a minute!!

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

D allowed go ahead drive inside last few minutes of game, any part of ALLOWED the WINNING drive confusing????

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar