Ginn

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by theprizdfighter, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'll say he'll be picked by the Vikings

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

The Vikings already have a fast guy drafted in the first round who realised you can't get by on speed alone in the pros.

Doubt they make that mistake again.

Leave the receivers alone. Let's stop the damn run.

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

ya kno what. that sounds good to me. lets stack up the D :grrhee:

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

What if we could convince Troy Smith to play WR. That'd be sick; Young to Smith then get some trick plays Smith to Young. We could bring him in to run a little. That'd be amazing for our Offense.

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

That would be so awesome... :pant:

but id rather him be a QB for another team and help hem win :thumb:

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

This isn't NFL Street and we won't draft someone for a trick play or two.

7. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

:truedat:

i like that game tho

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

i'm really looking forward to see how smith pans out..

9. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

We haven't had a playmaker? We had two 1000 yard receivers.. We've had for the better part of a decade a power running offense that undervalues WRs and the vertical passing game. Sure we've taken shots at improving the WR situation but our EX Gm had some serious deficiencies in picking high profile WRs. We've picked based on upside for the last 12 years.. I like most fans are leary about picking another 'project' player.

Wow..Where to start. We won't take Ginn.. And you will be POd. What happens if he's a bust? Will you still be POd? How long have you been a Titans fan? If you're new to the team let me tell you about a guy name Ty.
    He was prototyical WR... 6'4, 4.3 speed.. He couldn't catch.. He got a little better and then he was hurt... Then he forgot how to catch and never recovered. He was a 2nd round pick IIRC..

Define everyone?. And he was projected to be a bust? BY WHOM? You? Hoge? Not me... No way. That's crazy... Sure some people said he'd be a bust.. But every pick in the draft had naysayers. The important thing to remember is that I'd bet that the majority of fans did NOT think Vince would be a bust. So be careful slinging around the word everyone...

Clearly that strategy of picking playmakers has worked out so well for Detroit and Arizona... :suspect:

I dont have a problem with his measurables... It's his other stuff that bothers me. And to say he's the 2nd best WR in the draft.. That's laughable... :grrhee: He's just a project.

10. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Ok. Go ahead and say whatever u want about him. You cant judge players before you even see them play. Whos to say Calvin Johnson wont be a bust? All of us shoudlnt even be talking about this anyways. The only one who can proove me or u rong is Ginn. If Ginn is as good as i say he is he will do great in the NFL. If hes going to suck as u say then he will suck. And about u asking me if im new to the team. No im not new to the team. Im 17 and ive been watching ever since the 1998 season. Not that it matters anyways. I was around for McNair , Eddie , Mason , Byrd , Dyson (bust) Whycheck , all them. Im tired of us not having that guy at reciever that everyone always says oooohh and ahhhhhh everytime he gets the ball. Sure u can Mason was that guy but come on. He wasent the best. Led the league in recs i believe 2 years in a row? Or once and was close the second time im not too sure. And about Young. I kno many people who said he was going to be not only a bust but a Wide Reciever comming out of the draft. And u asked me if he busts will i be p'od. No i wont be becuase it would be my fault for being so high on him. Id be mad at my self for not seeing what all u people see.

Tell me this. What are your biggest .. how would u say it. "flaws" with Ginn?

Is it the fact that he dosent have awesome hands?
    Is it the fact that he is small?
    Is it becuase you think hes only going to be a return man?

1. Everyone gets better at catching. You can fix that.

2. Small recievers and big recievers it dosent matter if ur a playmaker ur a playmaker. Steve Smith perfect example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar