Giants sign Adoree 3/$39 million

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, Mar 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

No we cut him. That’s how the team announced the move anyway.

2. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

That is a great point! Money he got could get us one. Looks to me like we should get 2 and maybe 3 on Davis,Jonnu, and maybe Jackson. Now Bud Dupree will cost us one. I assume that is the case because that is the same thing we did with Davis.

3. 8Bruce8

8Bruce8 Starter

Happy for him. Too rich for my blood. 4 years 40 mill would've been reasonable.

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I was wondering the same thing. I'm guessing we just couldn't find a trade partner in time. If we would've kept him past a certain date, we wouldn't have been able to cut him without incurring the dead cap. Still a shame. I find it hard to believe a team wouldn't have given up a 3rd or 4th for him. JR sucks again

I'm a memphis grizzlies fan. The grizzlies gm has shown me that it's possible to find a genius gm who makes few mistakes. The grizzlies gm is almost autistic. Not very personable, but super detail oriented and thorough. The Grizzlies GM wouldve undoubtedly traded adoree for a 2nd round pick IMO. JR is the opposite. Very personable, but not very thorough with his decision making. I hate to say it, but we might have to start looking elsewhere if he can't kill this draft and give us a winning year this season.

Honestly, I wouldn't be too surprised if alot of this was vvrabels fault either after woody woodyards comments about him. I could see vrabel bullying JR into making bad decisions. If this is the case they both need to be replaced if we can't turn it around fast.

They're both on the hot seat this season.

I know I know...I need to take a chill pill, but like I said, I've seen gm excellence first hand, and JRs lackluster performance is not that. Whens the next time we're going to have the best RB a top 6 QB and a top 10 WR in the league? **** doesn't happen very often, if this management can't capitalize now, then they never will.

#14 J Falk, Mar 22, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

So I am still in shock, but Corey Davis to me got overpaid as well. But they both got 3 yr 39 million to jets and giants. So watching them both the last 4 years who has been the better player? Both have not lived up to expectations but Davis gave us much more, I think.

Kyle Fuller got 9.5 million from the Broncos and Jackson get 13? 26 million is guaranteed. The Bud Dupree contract we did was 5 years and 35 million guaranteed. I just cannot believe he got paid and especially this late in free agency. Who did the giants think they were bidding against Dallas?

6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Really think we are gonna regret cutting him.

if you cut him and then he signs a bigger deal that’s normally not a good sign.

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Thats what I wondered in another thread....we obviously had our reasons for releasing him but makes you wonder

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Giants have overpaid 3 players late in free agency Golladay, Leonard Williams, and Jackson. Who were they bidding against themselves?

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Thanos22

Thanos22 Rookie

He was already under contract. We got worse by cutting him and have replaced him and butler with worse talent.

10. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Yes, Adoree "could" play great for the Giants.

Or he can get injured again. 14 games the last 2 years. Imagine the guy was on another team and we were the one doing the signing, and he was one of our big name FA's. Would you be happy about it?

I find a hard time believing anyone would be

• Cheers Cheers x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar