Get Ready For Some Chris Henry Sunday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans2871, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

it looked like the coaches said "just follow ahmard" and you know what, it worked.

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

For everyone that wants CH to start... perhaps you should go back to preseason and rewatch that hit that VY took when CH decided he was better off double teaming the DE than blocking that blitzing OLB. That's why he's being used situationally (at least it appears that is the plan finally).

3. mttitan

mttitan Guest

White went into half today with 20-30 yards, Henry started to get carries in the second half and White ended up with 100 yards. Henry contributes on his own (5.2 yrd/carry against a pretty good d-front), but he also allows his change of pace to open up more lanes for White. Its like the backfield at USC all over again. Both White Fisher and Chow have experiences in a system with a fast back and a power back. I say we stick too it.

4. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

C-Hen did look good this time out. He found the holes, and got through them quickly. he just barely missed a big TD run, but got tackled from behind. His running ability should not have been the biggest of our concerns. He's played the position and with more carries his natural abilities and feel for the game speed will pickup and he will be good. His pass blocking skills is and will be suspect until proven otherwise, and he won't be able to get on the field unless he's improved in that area.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, his 300 yards max for a season is going to shut everyone up.

6. DJB

DJB Starter

I'm trying not get to excited about Henry. I got excited about him after he ran in the first pre-season game. Every pre-season game after that he was horrible. I hope they use him the same way next game. My only criticism this week is for a big strong guy he goes down like he's Reggie Bush

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol he breaks tackles like Craig Hentrich.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Just because a guy is superb in the weight-room doesn't mean he's a load to bring down. This guy was a track standout in college, not a great runner. He has great speed and quickness, and a big upper-body; that doesn't mean he's gonna break tackles well...

That said, I was impressed yesterday. He hits the hole quicker than either Brown or White, and showed nice ability yesterday making plays. He was VERY close to a long TD run in the 3rd Quarter, but got tripped up. I'm anxious to see him next week...

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I may have been wrong about Henry.. He showed something yesterday... I hope he's for real.. I guess time will tell. I'm not high on him but my opinion of him was elevated by what I saw. Before I was saying he was a waste of a pick, a bust, etc...

10. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

I do remember you slating me for saying he could do well next year. He did look like he's picked up a few things since pre season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar