Get Fishers Extention done now or risk losing him!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans2871, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i dont think after all the things that adams has siad....stuff like 'he's not going anywhere' and talks of future extensions leaning toward a long term deal are B.S. and if u read between the lines when he said just as recent as yesterday (24th) "a strong relationship with Coach Jeff Fisher will be paramount for the new GM"... doesnt sound like fish will leave soon

and i pray he doesnt...he is a great coach...why get rid of one of the best...i was talking to a random redskin fan i met yesterday who knew a lot bout football (some dad who was a fan for his whole life; not exactly easy to find in egypt) and he even said that fisher one of the best coaches....and if he was able to choose any coach to replace gibbs, fish and billechek would be his choices, and this is nfl wide...as the coach gets respect from all...and best thing is he is not a push over like a lot of others are....no his 0 tolerance policy had a lot to do w/ the success we had this yr...

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Besides, it's most likely that the reason Fisher's extension isn't done yet, is because they're busy looking for the new GM and Fisher's probably involved in the scoutingprocess at the Senior Bowl even if he might not be there physically so it's probably just a question of time before they can sit down and get some real work done.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think that article is waaay off. There's a big assumption that Cowher will come back after one year off, but that's not really based on anything. He's young enough that he will probably come back, but it could be 2 or more years easily. He's a family guy, he's moved, he might want to actually take some time! The bears are going to sign Smith to a big contract, but clearly they aren't doing it yet because he's still coaching! No way they let go of a coach who's done that much for their team. It's also a stretch to say that Parcells would come back after 1 year, that's pretty quickly. There are a lot of large assumptions on most of those coaches that he mentions, and I sincerely doubt he has any better news on Fisher's contract than we do.

Also, no one is EVER 95% right in their predictions of rumors. If someone was 65% right they would be praised as a god. He may be pretty smart, but he gets plenty of things wrong.

5. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Theres two ways outa here, the window or the stairs. :grrhee:

6. DC Titanfan

DC Titanfan Starter

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if that were true, bud would have no problem sending him to dallas for a couple first round picks

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I don't see Bud extending Fish either
    he's desparately trying to figure out how to get rid of Schwartz but knows he can't do it without first releasing Jeff

I think the point in picking up the option was to drive up the compensation it would take to hire away a coach under contract

if there was ever a time to make a move it is now

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

under these conditions, it would be unlikely that Jeff would be a top candidate. as a matter of fact, I would probabaly park him near the back of that pack, just ahead of Marty

so really, if Jeff wanted to go somehwere ,his value is probably highest right now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar