Get Calico Out Of Here Now..........

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Dec 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

I will keep this short and SWEET......

Get Tyrone Calico out of here he cannot stay healthy and cant produce squat he has been here 4 years and done nothing to contribute and had nothing to contribute. I know he came off two major knee problems and just constent nagging injuries and continuous dropped balls and I just do not see the point in trying to stick with him we need to get on the Free agency train and pick up someone quality.

I am an MTSU grad and have met Calico on a number of occasions he is a good guy no doubt but a good guy will not help us get victories and I am just sad to say his time was cut short cause of his knee problems and I just do not feel he will produce and when you dont produce you need to be cut either way this is going to be a long long long long long long long long long long long and I am afraid very quiet offseason for the Titans even with money to play with I just do not think they know how to use it and we will end up releasing more people and getting no one just as usual. I hope they prove me wrong.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

first of all he has officially played 3 years.

but he played 1 game last year.

you dont come back from knee surgery just like that, you need a year atleast to get back to it and one of Calico's advantages was his speed.

second of all there is no need to release him, we save no money and he is cheap.

thirdly he wont be cut.

3. Clearly he'll be back next year.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Clearly he had better do something or he will be allowed to seek other oppertunities - Welcome to AFL2 Tyrone

5. CriticalTheory

CriticalTheory WestSide 718 ShadowMafia!

I agree with you TC this board is so full of sugarcoaters you would think we would all have diabetes by now.

It's always the same "It's not easy to come off a knee injury" Hell whats does that have to do with your fingers and palms?

Calico basically isn't cutting it no way around that nor is Brown or Woolfolk they all need to be let go in place of some guys who will stay healthy. Catch and hold on to passes, Run hard like a RB should, Not lose their jobs to 7th rounders.

Until we draft quality players, cut our conditioning staff we will continue to see seasons such as what we saw in 2004 and what we are seeing now in 2005.

6. Nash

Nash Starter

I couldn't tell from the Tennessean what context Fisher meant when he said that Calico can't stay healthy enough to get on the field..I mean was this a Jake Schifino warning?? My bet is we pick up a free agent speed receiver, and Calico has to fight his way onto next years team

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

it's harder to catch the ball if someone is right on your tail because you cant get seperation.

8. CriticalTheory

CriticalTheory WestSide 718 ShadowMafia!

He can't catch regardless.

Excuses run rampant on this board the guy simply can't cut it when will people realize that.

When he gets hurt next year you guys will say the same damn thing while we have the same or worse record. The Jags and Colts will be in the playoffs and we won't because soft a** players who get hurt every year.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

how is getting hurt soft?

you cant choose whether you want to get hurt or not. It just happens and you cant avoid it.

You can stretch all you want you can still pull a muscle.
    You can strap all you want you can still strain a ligament.
    You can condition yourself all you want you can still tear muscle.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Good idea IF you could actualy predict who the "soft" players are going to be. There are very few RBs who don't get hurt occasionally. Some of the best back in the NFL have had season ending injuries at some point in their career. Henry was supposed to be the more durable of the two backs and he has been hurt more than Brown this year.
    In your analysis why not give us a list of players the Titans should go after in the draft so you can follow their careers and see if they are both good and durable. Not that easy picking college kids.

Calico looked pretty good until the freak knee injury. He WILL be in camp competing for a job next year. If he continues to drop passes and can't stay healthy he might not make it through the final cut. It would be stupid to just cut the guy.

Same situation with Brown. Brown was a 1000 yard back last year with the best YPC in the league. Trying to say he all of a sudden stinks is ridiculous.
    I do think he and Henry should fight it out for the starting spot next year which means we should keep Henry IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar