Gears 2?!!!!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by ammotroop, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

all my friends have 360s. Like...I know at least 20 people with them and we all have a blast on Gears/COD4. But I only have 2 friends with ps3s. So that's why I first got a 360, and loved it. Later, I thought the PS3 was worth purchasing so I got it also, but found that it only collected dust later while I still played most games on the 360. If a game was multi-platform, it always felt better on the 360 for some reason. So I sold the ps3.

I'd like to have it again, but they don't currently have a game that makes me really want one bad enough to think about it. Metal Gear was supposed to be that game, but I've only heard crickets chirping since it was released.

There is that red ring of death, but I play the hell out of the 360. Rather have a game I wear out and it blows up than one that sits on a shelf doing nothing but in perfect working condition all the time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. cayal

cayal Starter

I think you tend to get used to controllers and the way things go with a certain console. I had a PS1, 2 and 3 and picked up an x-box control and it just felt weird.

what do you mean?

I play the hell out of my ps3 and never had an issue.

Red Ring of Death was bad manufacturing, not overuse.

3. Deuce Wayne

Yeah, could have been because I was more accustomed to it, no doubt. About metal gear - it was so hyped, then released and nothing was said about it, other than people being upset that it was more of a movie than a game and a beta version for an upcoming release.
    And I know the RROD was manufacturing. I'm saying regardless - I never had to worry about my ps3 messing up because it didnt get enough use.

4. cayal

cayal Starter

MGS4 has sold pretty well, 4 million worldwide I think.

5. Deuce Wayne

It selling was never in question. We knew it'd sell. Just like Halo 3. But living up to the hype is a different story with both.

6. cayal

cayal Starter

I thought it did, but each to their own.

Gears has apparently sold 2 million + already.

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Ya....the story in Gears is Insane.

Gloat...did you get gears 2? Whats your handle?

8. Deuce Wayne

Haven't got it yet. : ( I've got to wait til christmas. Wife would kill me if I bought a game when I'm supposed to be saving for the kid's xmas.
    So I'll be without for a good minute. Plus, I have to renew my xbl acct that just expired. Not sure if they'll give me the name back or not once I pay. I lost my last one.

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Werd....around xmas you should be able to find it for 40 or so. LMK when you start looking, sometimes I can get a good deal on games here and there.

10. Deuce Wayne

Will do. Yeah, I usually rack up at xmas time. Mom, wife, and others just get me games. I've gotta get CODWorld at War, Gears, Fallout, and Prince of Persia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar