Gear Thread

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Scarecrow, Jun 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I’m not sure if I’ve ever heard of Reverend but that’s a cool lookin guitar.

I freaking love Taylor’s. When I have enough to justify upgrading from the Seagull, the Taylor is kinda my end game acoustic. Absolutely beautiful guitars.

My amp I use is actually a little Orange Crush I just got a few weeks ago, I can’t even really bother turning on the Hot Rod, which sucks. I should sell it, but they don’t make that style any more.

I had a big muff, I’d keep that thing, they are classic pedals that damn near every rock band has used at some point. The only reason I sold mine is because the Pharaoh is basically a boutique muff. Boutique pedals are cool and all, but too expensive.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Look into em. They have some really awesome designs. (Probably a you'll either love them or hate them situation, but I love em). My model is sorta like a Les Paul sound-wise but with a more modern take on the SG aesthetic.

They are made in Korea but then shipped back to US where they are inspected and individually setup. Serial numbers are hand inked on the back of the headstock. I don't think I've ever seen a bad word about them out there. They retail in the $899-999 range but you can find some awesome deals used since it's not a major brand like Fender/Gibson. I got mine for $550 shipped on Reverb and it was basically brand new and flawless. This definitely won't be my last Reverend.

I generally love em too. They play so nice. It's just this is a pretty budget one. If I had it to do over again I would've spent a bit more and got a nicer model on the used market. But oh well. Ya live and learn.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I really like Jaguars, and they make a lot of models like that.

As I get older, I find myself playing acoustic more and more. But if I had unlimited funds, I’d probably have 15 electrics, makes no sense.

I just got that PRS a month ago and still play that Seagull more than anything.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I love Jags too. Probably because I was a Nirvana freak as a kid. I love the offset aesthetic in general though.

And I'm the same way. I play acoustic 85% of the time yet I'm always pining for a new electric. It's weird. How do you like the PRS?

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I dig it, tbh some of the quality control disappoints me. The factory nut was a bit short on the sides. Didn’t affect playability and I would have replaced it anyways, but apparently they’ve got a rep for it. Some of the binding on the neck is a bit off also. It’s nothing I’d send it back for, but coming from a premium brand, I expected better.

Plays nice tho and feels similar to my Ibanez. Love the set neck and it sounds great. Apparently they use the same humbuckers as the CEs.

6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I'm working on putting a pedal board together but bassist simply dont use pedals as much as guitarist. It starts with a foot tuner and probably overdrive pedal.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I don't have pics handy but the list looks something like this..

Gibson 57 Les Paul Goldtop
    Gibson Les Paul Custom 84 (alpine white)
    Gibson Les Paul Junior TV 1960
    Gibson Les Paul The Paul 1978
    Gibson Les Paul Junior 1995
    Gibson SG 1976
    Gibson SG Standard 2015 white
    Gibson SG Standard 2015 black w Bigsby
    Gretsch Duo Jet
    Gretsch Setzer hollowbody
    Danelectro 1998
    Danelectro 64
    Fender Jag Bass
    Marshall 59SLP 100w
    Marshall JCM800 50w
    Marshall Studio Vintage Plexi 20w
    Marshall 1974 18w combo
    Fender Bassman 4/10 combo tweed
    Fender Blues Junior combo
    Orange Rocker 30 combo
    Marshall Class 5 combo
    Marshall 4/12 basketweave Greenback cab slant
    Marshall 1960 4/12 Vintage 30 cab slant

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 2.30.41 PM.png

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Do you feel that Gibson has gone down in recent years or is it mostly just people whining?

I’ve not played a Gibson newer than anything out of the early 2000s, so I can’t say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar