Garrett Wolfe

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by rock8titans, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Haven't seen Booker this year, but he looked good last year. I was suprised he got so many carries while Washington was there. He looks like the kinda change of pace we could use.

Don't know anything about the Hawaii kid, but I'll be on the lookout now. Almost sounds like a FB.

2. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

LenDale best be in better shape next season. Dude has a gut..what's that about!?

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Wolfe doesn't weigh enough to be a starting RB. On pass protection it's hard for a 180lb RB to stone a 240lb LB who's got an 8 yd running start!

Even more than that, Wolfe needs more weight to keep himself in one piece. In the NFL, 200-210 is light for a RB. A 5'10 RB at 215 is nice size...but even then you're giving up 15-35lbs to a blitzing LB.

His weight and frame will knock him out of the first day most likely. He doesn't look like he can add 20lbs which would relegate him to PR and change of pace back. On the other hand, would the Titans carry 3 RB's and a FB active? We're not doing that now...

However, Wolfe is an excellent sparkplug...especially in a spread type formation where there is room for him to dart and fake ppl out. He's also been timed as fast as 4.40 in the 40. If he can get into the 4.3 range or add 10lbs, he could go as high as the 4th. Right now I have him in the 5th rnd.

Gut

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if he offered something on special teams i think they would. i think thats why chris brown is inactive, they would rather have someone who could play special teams for 10-12 plays a game than someone who might not even see the field.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I would love to see the titans snag this kid with one of those extra 4th rounders or a 5th. The guys electric he's fast and shifty I don't even care about his size because he would never need to be a fulltime back here, just a change of pace 3rd down back who can fill in here or there. I was whatching his highlights on youtube and he runs all over teams including #1 Ohio State, he's got good speed, great hands, and can cut on a dime and he even layed some guy out in pass protection in some game I can't remember. He would be a perfect compliment to our two bruisers in henry and white and the kid just flat out gets it done production wise.

And with 5-10 extra pounds put on if not more I don't see the guy having a problem staying healthy. I think he will come in with a chip on his shoulders because of everyone saying he can't do it or he's to small thats the type of players I like.

6. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

wolfe is too small to ever get around to being a full-time or even spell RB..He weighs less than alot of the Titans WR's...I think he could be a good KR/PR much like Jones-Drew....and the RB for the Chargers...whose on the IR right now(his name slipped my mind,but i think he went to like KSU)

7. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

Sproles was a beast in college but i don't think her ever put up these numbers, but Wolfe has cooled off here at the end so im sure that didn't help.

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I was really high on this guy having watched him play twice, his highlight reel, and looking at his numbers. Since then, he's pretty much imploded, getting shut down week after week. UNI games aren't really televised so I'm not sure what happened. Does anyone know the deal here?

Maybe teams just figured him out and he's not all that good?

9. Pass Rush

Pass Rush Guest

That's Darren Sproles.

Is Lorenzo Booker tall enough to convert to WR?

I'd take Wolfe if he was available 5th or later.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Maybe as a slot...

He's a shade over 5' 10" and about 4.40 speed.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar