Garrard Practices/Could Play Sunday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BACK2SMASHMOUTH, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You thought wrong. He is a good player and i would rather not face him.

What is your definition of good anyway? Before he got hurt he was averaging a TD pass per game and has 0 ints all year with a 102 passer rating. 0 ints all year!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I hope our guys don't think like that.. Think like you guys do..

The jags are a good team very similar in a lot of ways to us. They are 6th in the nfl in rushing and 9th overall in total defense. The only difference between their record and ours was game one when we beat them. If we blow that game and we almost did the jags are 6-2 right now and we are 5-3.

They run the ball well enough to have some success against us and they won't be so easy to run on this time. Between garrard and vince right now you have to give the edge to garrard.

The jags are 4-2 in games garrard has started.

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Garrard has beaten Atlanta, Denver, Houston and KC. Hardly a mighty list of defeated opponents.

I'm sure since this is a big divisional game Fish has the team jacked up to play the Jags, but as a fan I'm going to go ahead and be pretty confident about the team's chances. The Jags are mediocre, and certainly a team that the Titans should pummel if they're a legit threat to win a game or two come playoff time.

PS: Roll, curious about your sigs. Are they albums that you most recently purchased or simply albums that you're currently digging? Regardless always some great stuff.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

He's what, .500 as a starter in his career. Just not a winner. He's never shown me he can win the big game. Make the big play. He even got worse as his college career progressed, not better, finishing 6-6 in his senior year in conference usa. The NFL appears no different. He started hot, and now he loses over half his starts. Is that your definition of good? or average? or below average?

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

From today's reports, it appears he's not going to go. Probably a game time decision.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Buoy thanks, albums i'm digging lately. I was changing the sig about every day but decided to let them stay for a few weeks at a time.

As for quality wins most of our victories have come against weak or average teams also. We beat the jags and the panthers but everyone knows beating the panthers without jake delhomne and with david carr is not a great accomplishment and we got the saints when they were playing terrible.

Again the only real difference between us is that win in game one.

Interesting stat comparisons..

Young vs Garrard..

Garrard 6tds 0 ints 102 rating..

Young 3 tds 8 ints 61.5 rating.

Garrard 22 yards per game rushing

Young 23.5 yards rushing per game..

Team defense..
    Titans 3rd
    Jags 9th

Rushing yards
    titans 2nd
    Jags 6th

Rushing yards per carry
    Titans 19th
    Jags 8th

From these numbers we can see they are strong in the same areas we are and garrard has to get the edge over young. We have bironas so if it comes down to a FG we win. We have a lot of problems on offense where young has played poorly and we can't score Tds but the jags have only scored 2 more offensive Tds than us so they have the same problem.

In the end i think garrard will not be playing and we will have our way with that other guy. Hopefully vince will play better but he has been bad against the jags. This game means everything to them and is very important to us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar