Pre-Game Thread Game Week 2: Titans @ Seahawks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 13, 2021.

?
  1. Titans by 1-3

9.3%
  2. Titans by 4-6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Titans by 7-9

4.7%
  4. Titans by 10-13

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Titans by 14+

9.3%
  6. Seahawks by 1-3

2.3%
  7. Seahawks by 4-6

7.0%
  8. Seahawks by 7-9

9.3%
  9. Seahawks by 10-13

18.6%
  10. Seahawks by 14+

39.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Maybe the Titans will get lucky and the game will be a rain out in Seattle.

2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Russell Wilson is gonna have a day. Of course I play him this week in fantasy after playing Kyler and DeAndre last week lol

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Remember Rocky IV? After this game is over, I have a feeling we are going to feel like Apollo Creed felt after fighting Ivan Drago.

4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

This game could end in a way that completely and utterly embarrasses Vrabel and Crew.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

It's not Seattle in general that worries me, it's if the pathetic display we put out there vs Arizona shows up again

Vrabel calling out Julio hopefully pissed everyone off and they play like the talent we have on the roster.

Like someone mentioned, it was week 1, early in the game, was it necessary?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

I hope and think this was a HUGE wake up call. I think Vrabel calling out Julio was on purpose and meant to show the team no one gets a pass. Julio hasn’t said anything so I imagine he and Vrabel are ok. Henry was pissed on the sidelines, there is video out there of it. I think it was strategery.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

upload_2021-9-14_12-20-12.png

Our use of play action on early downs went from 59% in 2020 to 5% in week 1 of 2021. I know it's difficult to use it when we're down but the first 3 drives began with 1st and 10 runs that were stuffed, and even when Henry got into a bit of a rhythm mid-game, we still didn't use it.

A team that lived off of the PA hired an OC who hates PA. Genius.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
  8. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Starting the first three drives with obvious runs created a snowball effect. When those runs went for nothing (or losses), Arizona defenders could easily ignore the run fake and just go after Tannenhill.

That's what happened on the rollout. Jones probably knew off the snap that Tannenhill was keeping the ball and just went after him. Once the Titans went down 17-0, running playaction was a nonstarter with the lack of pass protection the OL was providing.

This is why the teams needs to seriously start mixing up the playcalling on first down. NFL teams are adapting and realizing the Titans will run at nearly a 60% clip on that down. If they stop Henry, Tannenhill is going to get killed on the obvious passing downs.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Hope so too...Henry plays better when he's pissed, so I feel bad for Seattle...I hope

This team needs a wake up call...too much talent to look that bad...I don't buy the short preseason bs...all teams faced that

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

We all know the offense runs through Henry. Those negative yardage runs puts the OC in a bad spot because 2nd down is now an obvious passing down and play action isn't as effective.
    I still think it is too early to say whether he hates PA. Our negative yardage runs pretty much took the effectiveness of play action off the table.

I do not believe that just because you get behind by 17 points you should take Henry out of the game plan because he is a threat to score quickly from anywhere on the field.

Every OC is gonna look like crap when his OL plays as poorly as ours did.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar