Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by XO, Jun 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

R+L=J looks like the reveal could be next week. Basically was last week.

Now they need to use Bran to reveal Tyrions true backstory.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  2. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Special Teams Standout

They haven't even confirmed that in the books though right? R+L = J is apperently written somewhere from what I remember but never confirmed. You think they'd go ahead of the books?

3. Alex1939

Well they've already gone ahead of the books.

The first 3 books are some of my favorite I've ever read. Books 4 and 5 though, kind of meh. So I'm all for the show doing it's own thing. One of the few times I'd say the show is better than the books.

Oh and no, that haven't confirmed that in the books. But I think it's pretty much a guarantee at this point.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. MarcAurelius

MarcAurelius Special Teams Standout

No, R+L=J isn't confirmed in the books or show yet... but its almost universally accepted by fans not wearing tinfoil!

While Rhaegar is the most likely candidate, I think the possibility that Jon is Ashara Dayne and either Brandon* or Ned's child is really intriguing and DOES have some textual evidence. However, the theory is difficult to reconcile with the tourney at Harrenhal and Robert's Rebellion timelines. Also it radically changes what Lyanna's "promise me Ned" line would be referring too in the ToJ.

* Neds older brother Brandon, not Ned's son Bran
    - Gotta clarify since literally the funniest tinfoil theory I've seen is that Tyrion is actually Daenerys & Drogo's time traveling child (linked below for a good laugh).

(Spoilers All) D+D=T - a never-before-seen theory

Lastly, I think Tyrion has about a 30% probability of being a secret Targaryen (fathered by Aerys II while his mom & Tywin lived in Kings Landing alongside the Targaryens). Fits with how the Mad King treated the Lannisters and Tywins wife in the snippets we've heard. Again, this sort of ruins the father/son dynamic between Tyrion/Tywin though.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

when you die at the palace, you die at the palace
    [​IMG]

6. Alex1939

"You are no son of mine" wasn't that the last thing tywin said to Tyrion before dying?

Regardless I'd wager money Tyrion has targaryen blood.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Special Teams Standout

I feel like it would make a lot of sense relationship-wise if Tyrion wasn't Tywin's son. Tywin always treated him as a step child, you could assume that's because he's a dwarf. But at least in the show, Tywin rarely ever mentioned his dwarfism, and berated him for his life choices instead.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. MarcAurelius

Yeah Tywin's dying jab at Tyrion could be another not-so-subtle hint from GRRM. Depending on what you think of Varys ties to the remnants of House Targaryen, he could be more friendly/helpful to Tyrion because he believes him to be 1/2 Targaryen (but I prefer to think its because Varys appreciates the ultra-rare trifecta of someone with noble blood who is deformed, well-educated, and schooled in game theory).

Also, cant help but find it ironic that of Tywin's 3 children the one whom appears and acts most 'Tywin-like' happens to be the dwarf that he loathes.

My baseless theory is that the Lannister's house watches its power and prestige melt away while winter heads further south. Perhaps to the extent that the Lannister family loses their seat at Casterly Rock to an upstart house as well.

Remember, the Lannister's history of erasing families/houses from history isn't confined to Tywin's destruction of House Reyne, but goes back to the founding of their house during the Age of Heroes when Lann the Clever used wits and deception to inherit Casterly Rock... right before House Casterly suddenly vanishes from history.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I have not read the books but looks like someone has.

great post

10. MarcAurelius

Thanks. I'm currently not-so-patiently waiting (fiending) for tonight's episode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar