Game day hotels

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bored1, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

NOOOOOOO to the Rat-mada Inn. Don't even play with that one! Walk away!

For folks that I'm just not that close to, but we're sort of friends, folks like my brother's friends or friends of friends, I rent a block of rooms at the Hilton. That way they can just walk across the bridge and a few times, I've gotten the concierge to drive them to the stadium.

When I couldn't get enough rooms at the Hilton, I got some rooms at the Opryland Hotel and they took the General Jackson or whatever that boats name is to the game and they loved that. They just didn't like being so far away from downtown and the action.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

General Jackson = good drinks, good party, no parking hassle, no traffic problem, food not so good.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I just partied with some fellas for a bachelor party in Nashville last weekend. The Days Inn is where the best man rented rooms. I didn't crash but the room was decent. I opted to drive home at 3am local time. I have been to the Hilton where the Sports Grill is. That place is off the chain but I personally couldn't afford to stay there. The Days Inn must cost half. I will say this though. There are taxi cabs everywhere. They line up to whisk people away to wherever they want to go. It only costs seven dollars or so to take a cab from a downtown location back to the Days Inn. I'd rather save a hundred bucks in lodging and buy a cab ride or two. Plus, Sunday morning you needn't worry about any walk. The Days Inn is right there on the north end of the stadium. Not to mention it's two blocks from St. Ann's parking lot. :brow:

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Let's see, should I spend an extra 100 bucks on a room I won't spend much time in, except for when I'm unconscious,
    or should I spend the 100 bucks on fine food and drink (or whatever entertains you)?

No brainer...

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

So easy a teamster can do it.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kVVSmnnqfvc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kVVSmnnqfvc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:biglaugh: "first of all, I'm not 100% in love with your tone right now... sorry we couldn't get that to you sooner."

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I think I'd still hafta go with spending the 100 dollars rather than sleeping in the previous guest's spunk party at the Daze Inn..
    [​IMG]

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Sec Sec Sec Sec...

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/rates/bnabw?ias=y&availCheckCaching=n&_requestid=656981

Dude the downtown holiday inn is only $126 a night for oct 7th. The days inn isn't much cheaper than that certainly not $100 cheaper. Oct 7th is when vick comes to town.

Another problem with the the days inn is that it sells out too quickly because the enemy fans book there. There are no rooms right now for the colts game on sept 16th or the falcons game oct 7th. And i bet the rates are high those weekends. Supply and demand right?

The worst thing would be to have a reservation and the hotel screws it up.
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3rbI66Qlp0I"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3rbI66Qlp0I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I bet the days inn can take a reservation but can they keep a reservation?

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A cheap alternative..

The bays inn in franklin off of hwy 65 is $60 a night. There is also a comfort inn right there. The motel has continental breakfast and an indoor pool and people we know who have stayed at both say it is exactly the same as the cool springs hampton inn which is $100 a night.

Here you are close to a lot of things, cracker barrell right there, shopping etc. Cool springs and it's mall and 100 restaurants and stores is a mile away.

The bays inn is about 17 minutes from downtown. Take the 40 east exit and the 2nd ave exit right after that. 3 blocks later there is the joes crab shack and the parking lot next door. Right there is the entrance to the walkway over the river that goes right to the stadium. Cost for parking is $10.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Go to the Best Western. That's where I stayed.

10. bored1

bored1 The Colt killer

you gonna make it up for any games this year?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar