Game Ball: Titans @ Bears

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: A game ball is given each week to a player on offense, defense and special teams for every Titans victory.

Offense
    Kerry Collins
    30-for-41, 289 yards, 2 TDs, Long 25, Passer Rating 108.7

The Bears were determined to stop the run and forced Collins to beat them with his arm. Collins responded by having his best game of the season and proving once again why making him the starter was the right move. He also protected the ball well with no INTs and was sacked only once on 41 attempts.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

how about eric king? he came in off the bench and we didn't miss a beat on defense.

3. cayal

cayal Starter

Hentrich hasn't lost it.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Very good job by Collins. I've not be very excited about him, but when forced to come through, he has. Even when WR's are not very good.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I'll offer up another one on Defence.

How about Finny?

He was in Hester's head right from the beginning of the game. Gets an assist on Hope's pick. And of course, he made the big play on Fourth Down at the end of the game to help seal it.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Kmfc!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Just as long as the game ball didn't go to fish, I'm ok. I thought he was gonna make us lose this one. It took him till the THIRD quarter to realize, Hey, lets not run on first down. They have like FIFTY guys on the line of scrimmage!!!!!

8. HALL97ROX

HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

I have to respectfully disagree with the decision to not give the game ball to Hentrich, he kept Hester in check all day with the hang time and out of bounds. Not that Carr didn't have a great day, I think he should have been the honorable mention. Just my $0.02

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

A close third for special teams would have to be Griffen. He had several good tackles on special teams, but that one (that on tv was shot from the opposite end zone) was just sick. He completely stopped Hester, by himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar