Game Ball: Browns @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: A game ball is given each week to a player on offense, defense and special teams for every Titans victory.

Offense
    Chris Johnson
    19 carries for 136 yards, 7.2 avg., long 33, 1 TD, 4 receptions for 30 yards

That's 169 yards of offense, folks. Johnson continues to be outstanding and joined Eddie George and Earl Campbell as the franchise's third 1000-yard rookie rusher. If not for Falcon QB Matt Ryans incredible season, he would have to be considered the Offensive Rookie of the Year.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

and.....

Atlanta lost, TN did not

to his credit though, Ryan did have a decent line : 24/33 315 1td / 1int
    pretty sure that if White wasn't cutting into CJ's carries and getting most of the looks at the goalline, Johnson would look like a friggin beast
    considering the 1750+ yards and 22 TD's between them, add his 250+ yards receiving we'd be talking about a 2,000yd all-purpose runner
    can't complain 'bout White though .... I'll take a RB that averages almost 1.1 TD's per game

3. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

I really want CJ to win rookie of the year. I dont think Ryan deserves it. CJ is just wow, vs the browns we were like 3rd and 16 he ran for the 1st down, and that rarely happens with the other RBs.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

how do you figure?

is it that CJ has padded his numbers against some of the worst run defenses in the league?

he's had 4 100 yards games, all of which rank in the bottom ten in the league.

2 games over 80 against the jags(18) and green bay(26)

CJ overwhelmingly deserves it over matt ryan....

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

While i'd like to see CJ win ROY, I wouldn't be too upset if Ryan won. He's had a great season much like CJ.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I thought the PA announcer would have said something about CJ breaking 1000 yds.
    The North endzone jumbotron being out really sucked. I'd give an F to stadium management...

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

agreed. whatever took it out, and I blame T-Rac myself, needs too be corrected by 21Dec. It was working till about 5 mins before KO

8. FanSince'87

FanSince'87 Heretical Fanatic

I too would like to see CJ win ROY. However, if he does, I would feel that Matt Ryan was gypped. CJ is great. And, in a normal year he would win the award hands down. But, it looks like we may have the best quarterback crop since '83. I think Joe Flacco should be third in line behind CJ. The reason that I think Ryan deserves it more is that he plays a much more demanding and difficult position. Running back, while still a complicated affair, does not really compare to quarterback in terms of what a rookie must learn and perform in order to be successful.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar