Pre-Game Thread Game 8: Titans @ Chiefs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoubleBlue

DoubleBlue Highly Respected Poster

Screenshot_20221103-085712_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20221103-085659_Instagram.jpg

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Agreed. The Titans about to have that Monday night Bills game all over again. Chiefs are rolling right now.

3. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

I hope most of us are wrong. Surprise us Titans.

4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

This is the spot the titans usually do surprise us see rams, 49ers, chiefs, and Bills a year ago. I think we know the blue print do not blitz, get pressure with 4, make him dink and dunk, do not give up big plays, and force a few turnovers. Yes they are good but they do not have Hill anymore. I think the key maybe Hooker on Kelce. On offense we run the ball and we must have Tanney not turn it over. And make a few plays in the pass game. I think we play them tough and cover the spread!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

The titans are not exciting, but they are 5-2 and should be 6-1 if not for a botched pressure kick with a new holder.
    The titans are most likely the best defensive team in the league with arguably the best running back and a guy in Tannehill that rarely beats himself.
    And mahomes has developed a lot of Brett Farve bad habits. These titans actually remind me of grit and grind. The old grizzlies squad. Don’t underestimate our defense.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

At some point the Chiefs are going to go 5 wide with Juju, Scantling, Skye Moore, Mecole and Toney. Not sure how we match up with that kind of speed. Farley is our fastest CB so he could get some play. Really hope we don’t rush Molden back.

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Are you referring to the defense that gives out 400 yard games like candy

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Best defensive team in the league?

9th points against/game
    15th total yards/game
    23rd yards per play
    9th turnovers forced per game
    2nd rushing yards per game
    24th passing yards per game

And we've faced a terrible set of offenses:

Giants
    Colts X2
    Commanders
    Texans
    Raiders

The bills were the only good offense we have faced and they hung 41 on us like it was nothing.

Being generous our defense is good, being realistic it's probably average if not below average.

I will say our D has been clutch, how sustainable is that especially against better offenses coming up (chiefs, eagles, packers, Bengals, Cowboys) we'll see

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

After being limited at practice Wednesday due to his ankle injury, Titans’ QB Ryan Tannehill did not practice today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar