Game 8 Preview: Carolina Panthers (4-3) at Tennessee Titans (5-2)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans (5-2) will finish their games against this year’s interconference opponents when they host the Carolina Panthers, who lead the NFC South division with a 4-3 record. Carolina lost at home to the Colts 31-7 last week while the Titans beat the Raiders 13-9.

Field: grass. Forecast: Mostly sunny, with a high near 65°. Calm wind WSW 5-10 mph.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

Titans 20
    Panthers 9

3. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

I'll stay with the way the season has went so far.

Titans-17
    Panthers-14

Defense wins....... and we force the Panthers to pass, which leads to our defense getting a few turnovers and coming up short in the red-zone and Bironas and the D saves us once again. Should be nice to see how much hard hitting and press coverage will be, especially on Steve Smith.

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Titans - 24
    Panthers - minus 2

Having David Carr-nikova on your roster starts you with negative 2 points and I predict our D holds that anemic Panthers O scoreless.

5. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

hmmm....

titans 10

panthers 7

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If we win, it will be only the second team we beat with a winning record.

Our wins are against Jacksonville (respectable team), New Orleans, Houston, Oakland, Atlanta. New Orleans is probably decent and was slumping.. but Houston, Oakland, Atlanta are bottom tier NFL teams this season.

As good as our defense has looked, we haven't faced a real talented offense other than the Colts.

The only reason I believe we win this game is because of the season ending injury to Delhomme.

It's time for our offense to get on a roll and score some points, because the second half of our schedule doesn't look as light as this first half has.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Maybe true, but that is because we are beating them. 5 of their accumulated losses are due to us. We are beating the team we are supposed to beat, and splitting against good teams. That's exactly what most playoff teams do.

Titans 31 Panthers 21

8. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

And we are the only team capable of holding the Colts offense this year. No one else has come as close to beating them.We are a dropped pass and a defensive lapse from everyone talking about the undefeated titans and Pats meeting in the "other Superbowl" The AFC Championship game. Bet the colts score more against NE than they did against us further solidfying are claim at being the most dominant D in the league.TITANS 24 PANTHERS 6

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

We are also a few points away from losing to Jacksonville, Atlanta, Houston, and Oakland. We could easily be sitting 1-6.

But we aren't. We are 5-2, winning most of the close games. We look playoff bound and I am truly excited for the franchise.

I'm also realistic enough to realize we don't look that good. We are fixing to face tougher offenses and defenses than we've faced in the first 8 games. If this team is really going to do something in the playoffs, we've got to figure a way to score more points and the defense has to hold up against better players in the future.

Glad the defense, particularly the secondary, gets to test themselves against Steve Smith this week. Good experience for Griffin, Finny and company.

I do believe we will win this one, and being 6-2 would be a real good feeling.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Jeff Fisher's crappy conservative coaching is the only thing that makes our games close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar