Pre-Game Thread Game 4: Jets @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetstream

jetstream Camp Fodder

what ??? and abandon 35 yrs of dedication to an organizational mess....never !

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. jetstream

jetstream Camp Fodder

Those SD receivers were an enormous threat.....hahahaha...and that Pitt oline is awful. Pitt sucks so bad this yr.....SD is always lost....neither team has a run game to speak of or any type of pass rush. If the Titans were 3-0 vs the jags, raiders and Pitt....you would prob. be doing cartwheels. Every team plays weak teams...if you are better, you are expected to win......it's that simple. You clearly think the Jets are a walk over......so this game should be easy for the mighty Titans......

I thought the Jets are a 6 win team from the pre season.......so Tenn should win this one 456 - 7

3. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I don't see it being as close as everyone is guessing. We are by far the superior team. Stop being modest titans fans! We're going to put a stompin on these Yankees! Show em how the south rolls.

4. jet_shhwag

jet_shhwag Special Teams Standout

As a Jets fan I can agree with this. I'd like to see the Jets get their fair share of credit when it's due, and not get the over reaction when things go south. Our team is in NY so that will never happen. People that know football see the Titans are a good solid football team on the rise trying to put it all together to become something better, same with the Jets.. If the Jets beat the Titans people will say the Titans aren't a good football team. If the Titans beat the Jets, the Jets were pretenders all along.

5. jet_shhwag

I wonder how many times you've posted something like this, only to look silly when you are wrong. A few?

6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

We need to play like TITANS tomorrow, play smart, and make the jets look like the circus clowns that they are!

7. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

We have the same problem as you guys.. the media hates and doesn't get a sh*t about us. Whenever we win, it's about how bad the other team is. Whenever we lost, it's about how bad we are. The only difference is you guys actually get media attention, being a huge market team.

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

The problem is the media knows jack sh**. They are quick to blame and immediately put teams in the pretender category while 1 game can mean everything , it shouldn't determine what type of team you are and how good you are. The Jets and Titans could both bounce back regardless of what happens tomorrow. Prime Example: 2002 Titans were 1-4 and we end up winning 10 of 12 and going to afc champ game. Media likes to make stories about anything and fans get wrapped up in it.

9. jet_shhwag

Yeah, the Pittsburgh game is a good example. All I saw was how bad they did, as opposed to what you guys did well.

The NY media actively tries to stir things up, especially the local beat writers. They blow our managements missteps out of proportion and minimize the accomplishments. They've called for Rex to be fired in the past. That is over stepping some type of boundary. They hated that we got rid of Tebow and that John Idzik has been clandestine regarding plans and injuries. He's essentially locked the doors and is only allowing the NFL minimum coverage. I love it.

If the Titans keep doing what they've been doing and wining games they "shouldn't" win, the media will jump right on your shaft. Just be happy no one is throwing your failures or perceived failures on the front pages as of now.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

That is the beauty of a small market

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar