Pre-Game Thread Game 4: Bills @ Titans (moved to Tuesday)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If a player can go without further injury risk, they need to go. It's very likely that the Buffalo and Pittsburgh games will have playoff implications. The Texans for sure. But, if a player isn't ready, no way I risk the longterm.

2. tyronecalico

tyronecalico Starter

Don't think there's anything you can do regarding players with covid other than wait on them to test negative consistently. You're risking our entire season if you rush them back and they continue to spread it.

3. Young54

Young54 Starter

My fear is without regular practice I think players will be more prone to muscle injuries. Even at full strength, but with no practice, we might take the L against the Bills. I do agree that this game has larger playoff implications than the Texans. We want the tie breaker, but I don't want to risk injuries. I think I'm leaning towards letting Lewan, AJB, Simmons, and some of the rest take the game off.

4. Young54

Young54 Starter

Right. So let's say, for example, that Simmons test negative today and tomorrow. Without any practice, do you want him to play tomorrow?

I think our team as a whole the first 3 weeks looks to get tired in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Especially our D. So conditioning may be a factor. So maybe I'd activate them, but give them limited snaps. I'd rather take caution and be at full strength and preparation for the Texans.

5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Robinson on 104.5 now talking about it. At work did not get hear much of it, but what I heard sounded pretty good.

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Listened to the whole interview on 102.5....certainly sounds like he thinks we will get a few more players released by the doctors to play tomorrow... said symptoms have ranged from asymptomatic to guys with fever, chills and cough...said that only protocol issues have been with guys not wearing masks correctly in the building.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Honestly, the conditioning happens before the season and, if they are choosing to not condition while the facility is closed, that's on them. I have a problem with any professional athlete not being in condition unless coming off injury (like Brown and Jackson) and even then, those guys probably have been doing low-impact workouts.

If Simmons is healthy, he needs to play. He knows the calls. He should be ready to go. I don't know Lewan's situation but he has been a full participant at practice.

Again, if you can't go, you can't go. No need to risk anything long-term.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Fulton is another we really need to clear the protocol. When they go 5 wide, and they do alot, I just do not see how we are going to be able to cover them.

9. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

When players are taken off the reserve/covid designation, does this mean they are fit, or does it just mean they dont have covid anymore?

I think theres an important difference.

Take big Jeff. Lets say hes been banged up for 2 weeks with a pretty nasty flu, thats sapped his energy. Hes lost 20-30 pounds.

If its the latter in my example, he may not have covid, but may be a fair way away from being ready to play again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar