Pre-Game Thread Game 4: Bills @ Titans (moved to Tuesday)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Either play it, move it, cancel it.

What the NFL should have done in the first place was play in bubbles, but the owners and players apparently didnt want that. They are paying for their own hubris.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Too many people to play in bubble

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I don’t think bubbles works for NFL. The next closest comparison for team size alone is baseball at less than half the size.

Factor stadiums and practice. This would be very difficult to plan yet alone city approvals.
    -Can’t take the same bubble cities that are already in use
    -hotels would be at a max capacity to accommodate all these players,
    -how many fields need to be in the local area OR what is the practice scheduling gonna look like
    - would need at least 6-7 bubbles (5-6 teams per bubble constantly rotating).

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Rosters are 53, what do you think the minimum roster could be to field a NFL team? Then there's the staff ad personnel to be accounted for.

The reason I ask is this is how the NHL did it. Smaller numbers vs NFL for sure

Number of people per team in the NHL bubble & hub cities
    Teams were allowed to bring 31 players and as many as 52 people (including ownership, executives, coaches and staff) total to their hub city hotel. Traveling parties will stay together at team hotels, but each person will have their own room and no one can visit another room. Guests will not be allowed inside the NHL hub city bubble until the conference finals in September in Edmonton, where family members can reunite with players

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

That’s probably pretty close to baseball. I don’t know how many cities they commandeered to have their season and they still had issues.

I’d guess around 80 per NFL team. Min 53 players + 10 or so coaches + those executives and such. Refs have to fit in there somewhere too.

Just wouldn’t work.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

NFL wants this game to be played on Tuesday

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I dont think the NFL wants any of this, rescheduling and postponing l'm sure is a headache for everyone.

More importantly what do I do with Henry and Diggs in my fantasy pool???? ;)

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

When $15b is at stake I'd think they'd be willing to deal with "difficult."

Instead the NFL did what it was always does. "We're the NFL. We know what we're doing. It'll work fine."

9. HurrayTitans!

It all depends how difficult. Once they start eating into those profits, difficult no longer becomes worth it.

I think they rolled the dice and overall, it’s still working. We just see the worst here because we are the titans fans.
    With lack of media coverage anyway, 31 other teams don’t care about the titans situation, unless their team plays the titans. I don’t blame them, I’m the same way to 31 other teams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar