Pre-Game Thread Game 3: Raiders @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kstone

kstone Starter

Damn our game is on Fox. I hate when we play on Fox. The announcers suck.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

This is a must win game and very winnable. Please DH, turn on beast mode and let's watch Carr cry.

Titans 36
    Raiders 17

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I agree.. I wouldn't pay for a preseason game. Hell I didn't even watch more than 15-20 mins of preseason on TV. But then again, I wouldn't pay what it cost to go to a regular season game either.

From a business perspective, they see it as giving you bonus content. From a fan perspective, we know it's just a scrimmage between depth players/guys that won't be around in a few weeks.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

I’m firmly planted in the group that believes we lose until they prove otherwise. So,

Titans 10
    Raiders 34

… please be wrong

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

Well your logic failed. Starters are getting injured, also with the new CBA practices are soft and the rule changes made to the NFL has made IMO players soft. Look at players back in the day when they dressed in full pads doing 3 day practices hitting. If anything you can say that because of the CBA and rule changes to games/practices that players who weren't built physically to play at the big boy level are leeching into the NFL. Thus we are beginning to see year after year more and more injuries, and example of this who have played for us would be Locker and McCarthy, I am sure other teams had players fall to a similar fate.

6. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Tennessee 43 stupid azz clownbois 0

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Are there this many soft tissue injuries in college ball? ACL and tears you can't fake but hammy problems seem ridiculous lately...Athletes are getting soft...but then again the contracts are out of control, they get paid regardless

9. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Players get injured in preseason also. That's my point. Preseason is just another opportunity to get injured, not a miracle cure for players not getting injured in the regular season.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Mmmmm…..ramping up to full speed with sub max threshold strains DOES strengthen soft tissues. So more of those does make an athlete stronger and more durable.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar