Pre-Game Thread Game 2: Titans @ Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

I was unable to watch the game... I expected a loss, but was hopeful for a win. I wanted to, at least, give them a game.

Titans did. Houston had to win it in overtime. In their home opener.

Titans are on their way up... Houston is on its way down. Sorry, but the teams are ships passing... can only maintain quality for so long in this league.

I don't know the specifics... but, I'm actually pleased with the final score. Wanted a win... but am pleased.

2. Bucky0782

Bucky0782 Starter

I've been meaning to do this for a while but today seemed fitting I guess; wanted to compare Steve's early stats vs Jake's, and believe it or not, they're not that different. '97 was Air's first season as a starter, and he finished with a 52% completion percentage, 14 TDs and 13 INTs. Last year was Jake's, and he finished 11 games with a 56.4%, 10 TDs and 11 INTs. Steve's first three seasons, 52%, 58.7% and 56.5% <-- '99, the Super Bowl year no less. Steve's prowess as a passer did not become evident until, in my opinion, the '99 Super Bowl, although you could easily argue it was the Jacksonville AFC championship game. We almost lost the Buffalo game (except for a *miracle*) and Eddie was the difference when it came to beating the Colts.

My point is this, it was 5 years into his career, three as a starter, that the coaching staff realized they could win by taking the reigns OFF of Steve, whereas now we have a QB with a similar skill set, similar stats even, but we have the EXACT same mentality of the old coaching staff. I see moments like the 99 yard drive by Jake today and hope 'is THIS the moment when Jake takes the next step?' but it obviously wasn't. But unlike many, I'm not *quite* ready to give up on him yet.

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I mean when was the last time we pitched the ball?

4. TitansWillWin2

Vy would have won us this game. KFC would have won us this game. Hasseless would have won us this game. Fitzpatrick would have won us this game. Locker lost us this game!

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

and your mother is a goat

6. TitansWillWin2

No mccourty and Jake blew it

7. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

That 3rd and 1 and when Houston brought the pressure, Locker looked like a deer in the headlights. Quickly tossing up the pass that "maybe" Yao Ming could have caught. A QB with poise woulda stood in the pocket and tossed the ball down the middle and Britt had room to run. Locker is too damn timid when the pressure is on.

8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

The pass to Britt that sailed over his head was big, but lets not forget the TExans had 2 timeouts at that time. It's not like if we convert there that we automatically win.

Also, devils advocate here: to me the play where he overthrew Britt on the slant it looked like a run play was called and the Texans blitzed like 3 guys and Jake decided not to hand it off and threw it. Also, with as many drops as Britt has had lately, there's no guarantee he catches it anyway even if the throw is on the money.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

It wasnt the Refs or Jake. Its was the scheme. It was and IS the play calling.

10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I agree. To many runs in obvious situations. Like every single first down.

I thought Jake played pretty well as little as he was allowed to throw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar