Pre-Game Thread Game 16: Titans @ Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I concur this game is not a trap game but I think the definition leaves out the idea that the "stronger opponent" is looking passed the weak team often to another strong opponent the following week.
    I would think back to back "weaker opponents" kind of eliminates the idea of a trap game but in this case, since there is no guarantee for a next opponent if they don't win, I can't see this as a trap game.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Excellent qualification. And I would totally agree with it.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

We should win this game but with our defense we could well lose it. May have to score 40! But if we can get up on them early one has to wonder how much fight is in them. Let hope we can get off to a fast start and get up 14-0 and pound Henry

4. Tricky

Tricky Starter

That's it. With the offensive scheme we have been running, we basically cant get behind or we are screwed.
    I'm pretty tired off seeing Henry run on 1st and 2nd, then being taken off the field on 3rd and 3. We are just so predictable. It works against most teams bc we can break a long play a few times a game, but the Packers showed what it will look like in the playoffs if we dont mix it up.

#84 Tricky, Jan 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  5. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

End the season the way we started the season ... With a five game winning streak !!!

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Concerning game. Watson is playing out of his mind, jj watt is mad, BoB isn't there to **** everything up.

We're probably going to see the Texans playing their seasons superbowl, I'm sure they'd love to keep us from winning the div/potentially missing the playoffs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Watson is hurt

Players not playing tomorrow that played in game 1.

Fuller
    Stills
    Cobb
    Roby #1 CB
    Tunsil LT

The Titans lack of sacks is historic and the defense is bad. The Texans entire defense is worse. Henry may get 250 and Tannehill 400.

Titans 52
    Texans 24

Let’s be clear. While BOB may not be there to screw it up. But Romeo Crennel as a HC is 32-62. I ain’t skeert.

JJ Watt didn’t fire up the team, he pissed his teammates off because he called them out being a media whore. This team is done for years. Locker room is toast.

Watson doesn’t finish the game.

Texans fans are saying they need to remind us we are the Oilers. Well, no way around it, They are the Texans. A team that’s never done anything, I’ll take the Oilers history over the Texans any day.

**** the Texans

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Watson is playing out of his mind from behind every game. He is on pace to set his own pass attempt record. He will get a ton of junk stats tomorrow as well.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

A game of two ****** defenses. Watson will put up yards and the Texans will score their points as he still has a viable receiver in Cooks to throw to and the Titans do not have any semblance of a pass rush. Even with the injuries to the Texans OL, I do not see the pass rush doing much of anything (remember the Bengals game, lol). Watson will have plenty of time in the pocket and could make some plays with his legs.

Having said that, the Texans are really, really bad against the run. They are 31st in the NFL, giving up 5.0 yards a carry. Their pass defense is just barely better than the Titans, so it is quite bad as well. Henry should have a field day and Tannehill should benefit from the Texans trying to somehow stop Henry. Honestly, so long as the offense doesn't make many mistakes/turnover the football, they should be able to win this potential shootout as they simply have more firepower.

If the Titans do come out sloppy on offense, the Texans could capitalize and potentially pull the upset. Really, this game comes down to which offense is better.

Thinking Titans 41 to Texans 31.

#89 wrench248, Jan 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I get winning a superbowl buys you a lot of slack, but I'm kinda surprised doug Pederson kept his job. He pretty much ruined their franchise QB whos contract is just about to kick in, then waited too long to start hurts and probably cost his team the easiest division title of all time lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar