Pre-Game Thread Game 16: Titans @ Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

I stated earlier that this game has all the "fixings" of a trap game ... Still like the life long Homer that I am , I believe that we'll win this game and end our season the way we started it. With a 5 game winning streak !!!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Yes we won in OT last game, but Tannehill had just as good of game as Watson did, Henry ran wild, we didn't have Corey Davis, they had Will Fuller, he's out this time.
    Coming off an embarrassing loss to GB, division on the line, Titans will win.

Like its been said on here many times, if we can't win under these circumstances, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  3. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Haha believe me man if I had it I would, was mainly just wasted last night, had no recollection of this post whatsoever. He can still burn in hell, however.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Bulletin board material lol

Injury Report

On the Texans’ side of the ball, left tackle Laremy Tunsil is doubtful with an ankle injury. I wouldn’t expect this anemic pass rush to take advantage of that anyways.
    Let’s be honest. The Texans haven’t won many games even with Watson at the helm, but him sitting on the bench would have been a welcome sight for Titans fans. There’s no doubt that Watson and his supporting cast are talented enough to put up points in bunches against this sorry excuse for a defense — Heck, the Titans needed overtime to pull out a 42-36 win over the same Texans earlier this season.

#74 Ontario Titan, Jan 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. McNair9

McNair9 Special Teams Standout

Very accurate assessment of this pathetic defense honestly

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

they haven't cared for 16 weeks, I don't think one little blurb is going to make the difference in their effort or ability

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

Man, if our Defense hasn't gotten it by now, I doubt an entire board full of stuff like this will do anything.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

We could definitely lose this game, so we are in the same page there. But this is not a “trap game.” A win and you are in is never a trap game. It just doesn’t fit the definition.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Correct, its a "must win game" if we "overlook" Houston, season is probably over (still a chance of playoffs with some help...we control our own destiny, end it with a win)
    Since the last game ended in OT, can't claim to be the "stronger" opponent.

"A trap game is when a stronger opponent overlooks a weaker opponent and the weaker opponent overcomes adversity potentially winning the game. This especially happens when the stronger team is on their home turf with their fans behind their backs."

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar