Pre-Game Thread Game 16: Titans @ Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Dec 23, 2019.

?
  1. Titans by 1-3

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  2. Titans by 4-6

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. Titans by 7-9

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. Titans by 10-13

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. Titans by 14 or more

14 vote(s)
    29.2%
  6. Texans by 1-3

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Texans by 4-6

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. Texans by 7-9

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
  9. Texans by 10-13

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  10. Texans by 14 or more

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

PAY THE MAN

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

Career, sure. But this year tanny is hands down better.

3. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

I belong to a duck board and this is the same stupid **** you hear from them. At first it was supporting cast...then Tannehill succeeds and it was the system that just doesn’t MM...some people just can’t accept the obvious truth. And I am a life long Duck (and Titan) fan. Was thrilled when MM came to the Titans. But the truth is the truth.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

Idk if you get notifications for a reactions someone takes back. But, I misread you and took back my bs I gave you.

5. WhoopsTitans

WhoopsTitans Camp Fodder

Why the communication problem, huh? Wow! My goodness, it's common knowledge. Lol, I didn't say anything about Tannehill's stats because who has he played? The Broncos, Chargers, Bucs, Colts, Panthers, Jaguars, Raiders? Where's the measuring stick? He hasn't played anybody. Hxll and if it's not a Charger fumble at the one yard line it's a slew of Bucs turnovers in the redzone. And if it's not a Chiefs botched FG attempt it's a slew of Colts missed FGs. With Tannehill we won games that the opponents lost, they were gift wrapped to us. It's as if these teams threw the game, it was that bad. Now two meaningful games against playoff bound teams at home and we FINALLY find out something about Tannehill? I got news for you Tany lovers, the hindenburg has crashed. A tough pill to swallow but I think we needed a tougher schedule after the Broncos game. Sorry to be the one to burst the bubble, but I'm not to blame, it's common knowledge.

6. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

This next game is huuuuge for Tanny.

this can go either one or two ways.

A- Titans win and Tanny gets us into the post season - in improbable fashion - lock the man up no matter what happens in playoffs! :beerbang:

OR

B- Titans lose and that’s 3 n a row (including swept by division rival Houston), miss the playoffs and all of the sudden we are re-thinking Tanny as a franchise option and rather see us draft Jacob Eason. :drunk:

Week-17 is bigger for Tanny then people are talking about

7. JT2000

JT2000 Starter

No problem. I really don't mind if someone disagrees with me in any case. I'm far from infallible.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Actually, against the Texans he had touchdown snatched out of the receiver's hands- that's not on him. He did his part. That's the difference in that game. It could have also been either field goal they didn't convert (blocked / missed). Last week the defense allowed a future hall of fame player to put up 38 points. Tannehill still did his part - and without the starting RB. Whatever gripe you have with Tannehill, he seems to have chemistry with the Titans' current receivers, and he is making good decisions with the ball. He's doing a better job at QB than we've seen in a very long time. Are you sure you're not just a disgruntled Miami fan?

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. JT2000

JT2000 Starter

Gee...

Unless there's a bad performance by the QB I would say that W-L is really more of a team stat. A great example is the Patriots are famous for the "do your job" mantra. And they manage to win when Brady has been missing over the years.

We should be looking at the QB contributions - not the W - L for a decision on moving forward.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
  10. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Special Teams Standout

Rereading this JT2000 perhaps this is your assessment of what was written by the poster I questioned ? Soery if that’s the case and I misinterpreted, but I’ll let my post below stand in case it isn’t.

So let me get this straight, you feel Tanny is making extraordinary efforts to make our offensive system work ? W/ the exception of the Denver game where he came in cold and we had shot ourselves in the foot repeatedly, Tanny has looked poised, controlled and made fairly exceptional throws nearly 70% of the time, hitting receivers in ways they could use their athleticism for YAC and the combo of that and Henry starting to hit his stride has made our offense one of the best in the league this second half of the season. Much as I liken MM the guy and appreciate what he did here, he’s rarely ever thrown the ball as well as RT .... EVER.

I’m not annoiting Tanny Tom Brady 2.0 but if you can’t see he’s been a marked improvement over MM then you aren’t watching the same games I am then. The defense has been the Achilles Heel during the losses we’ve sustained lately, injuries have hampered them and a lackluster pass rush has allowed our depleted secondary to be picked apart. I can’t say that Tanny is a franchise QB that is a guaranteed super bowl winner but he’s been a pretty massive upgrade over MM it’s just not that hard to see. No more excuses for MM he had 4.5 years of then and it’s clear he’s just not that great, system in and system out he’s never been a guy you could see what going to be special.

#80 JackLordsHair, Dec 26, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar