Pre-Game Thread Game 16: Titans @ Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Dec 23, 2019.

?
  1. Titans by 1-3

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  2. Titans by 4-6

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. Titans by 7-9

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. Titans by 10-13

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. Titans by 14 or more

14 vote(s)
    29.2%
  6. Texans by 1-3

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Texans by 4-6

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. Texans by 7-9

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
  9. Texans by 10-13

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  10. Texans by 14 or more

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhoopsTitans

WhoopsTitans Camp Fodder

Tannehill is on the right team. He should win it all. He's got the personnel behind him to see it thru. The question is though does he have Mariota's tenacity to win important games and propel the team into the playoffs?

Well he took over for Mariota to prove just that. Like I said many times before, there are many facets to consider when choosing a QB as we are finding out. I'm not too happy with the overall competitiveness and quality behind center. Winning is a critical aspect of this game.

I have always believed that during the off-season Smith's offense was pre-designed with Tannehill in mind. No way was it intended for Mariota which no doubt turned the team in a new direction. It's custom made for him and yet we didn't win the division and we're going down to the wire after losing two games. At some point Tannehill is gonna need to prove that he can compete. The question remains, can he?

Now I'm not demoting Tannehill because in all fairness, like Mariota, he doesn't exactly have experienced coaches to work with. It just goes to show you that changing QBs was not the answer. We had a good QB, not anymore.

• Bullsh*t x 2
    • LOL x 1
    • WTF?! x 1
    • Boring x 1
    • Unreadable x 1
  2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

He broke his wrist. Guys with ligament damage historically can't do anything for 3 or 4 months.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

The meth, it has fried your brain.

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

It's the Spice ... The Spice Melange.

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. Laz

Laz Starter

FH is chuckling in his grave

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Special Teams Standout

Say what ?? Did anyone else understand this ? Tanny/the O (for the most part) has put up enough points to win lately, we had a kicker screw us again, and two very flukey turnovers that affected the last two games and were without our top weapon last week, the main issue has been a weak defense (no real pas rush) that has had a ton of injuries and folded when we needed big stops. Also the O line decide to suck for half the NO game and yes Tanny had a few plays he should have gotten rid of the ball earlier but man his stats have been through the roof up there with HOF QBs this last half of the season, MM was near the very bottom in all stats categories and most importantly in wins and losses so I’m not sure what you are smoking but you aren’t making much sense !

7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

As Brave stated earlier, we have already made our two return from IR designations on Succop and Kalu so Butler is done done for the season. Adoree made it to a couple of practices last week and then was ruled out before the Saints game. That Adoree vag is still wet.

8. TitanT

TitanT Pro Bowler

spice.jpg

9. JT2000

JT2000 Starter

I've given up responding directly. As near as I can tell their problem is the incompetent Coaches have set up a system that is not MM friendly and that it takes extraordinary efforts by RT to make functional. RT is not really a better QB, he's just in an environment that favors him more. There is no real discussion about the rest of the team or especially the defensive shortcomings.

Good luck!

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar