Pre-Game Thread Game 16: Jaguars @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 26, 2017.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Dec 31, 2017.
  1. Titans by 1-3

12.3%
  2. Titans by 4-6

12.3%
  3. Titans by 7-9

5.5%
  4. Titans by 10-13

5.5%
  5. Titans by 14 or more

20.5%
  6. Jaguars by 1-3

4.1%
  7. Jaguars by 4-6

9.6%
  8. Jaguars by 7-9

8.2%
  9. Jaguars by 10-13

4.1%
  10. Jaguars by 14 or more

17.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

He is not. Even Kuharsky says he is not. Lol

2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

He'd probably just talk about how much he hates the Titans... But as long as he's buyin. . .

3. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

That's a common theme isn't it? It always looks like the opposing qbs are well prepared and put in position to succeed.

4. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Why are you going out of your way defending this guy?

Anyways I see no upside in keeping Mularkey because he refuses to evolve his offense around Mariotas strengths. Its that simple. Whether he is capable of doing it or not doesn't matter. He is stuck in his stubborn ways of what wins football games. If I'm Jrob I have to be furious that this offense didn't take leaps this year with the amount of investments towards improving the passing game. He drafted a WR at 5 and traded up for another in the 3rd round. So far none of them has made an impact this season. I'm looking at Mularkey and I'm like what the hell?

5. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Anybody think he approach this game trying to establish the run with our backup rb and two practice squad players?

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Well Derrick Henry is the key to winning this game sooooooo

7. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Because I am allowed an opinion as well and I don’t overreact quite as much as some. I don’t claim to be a coach, a player, or an expert as some come across. Just realistic.

More than that, I just call out the B.S..
    -People calling coaches names like arrogant a-hole, like they are around them and know them.
    -Saying he has never taken any blame, when there are links showing the opposite.
    - Acting like they know the details of what happens at practice and in the locker room as if the are there every day.
    -Acting like they have coaching experience and know schemes better than guys in the league for years.
    -When any coach says a player missed a play or ran the wrong route....he is “throwing them under the bus”. It’s B.S. Mularkey said on a couple of different plays that Marcus “missed him”....or “didn’t see the LB”.....or “overthrew him”...is that throwing him under the bus?
    - There has been a complete positive culture change and players do like the head coach.
    -There was a big jump from 2 years ago to last season.
    -with all of that.....I don’t think Mariota (or the team in general) needs a 3rd HC in 4 years.
    -Most make it out as though the struggles this year are 100% coaching and o% players/player execution. It is simply not true.

Do I get frustrated?....absolutely. Do I like how Robiskie has called some series or games?....no.
    Do I think our line has regressed? Yes. Do I put all of that on Russ Grimm?...no!....as an example. Has this year been a bit of a let down?....yes. Was the team likely overhyped after last year?....yes.
    Most predicted 10-6 before and after the Luck and Watson situations. So, one to two games off. Again....only 3 wins 2 seasons ago.

To your point of evolving the offense around Mariota’s strengths.....maybe. I don’t totally discount that. However, what are his strengths this year?....given the fact that he is not 100% and has played poorly at times? (And you won’t find a bigger Marcus supporter or fan.)

As for the drafted receivers not making an impact....maybe that is on the players themselves. There have been many “can’t miss” players out of the draft that “missed” in the NFL over the years, no matter the coaches.

The Arizona game was bad. The Niners game.....obviously not as easy as everyone thought considering what Jimmy G has done (including against Jax).

Maybe it is time for changes?....staff or HC.
    I went with “we need another year to 2 years to get where we want to be” after last season. Just being realistic.
    BTW-if Robinson (who I like) is such a god.....why was he ok with Matt Cassel as the back-up? There is your loss at Miami. Just saying.

As for stubbornness.....all coaches have some but there are some things that change. As far as staff goes.....he is not so stubborn as to not make changes. He fired Bobby April, who was a friend and he fired Bob Bratkowski who I know was one of his best friends in or out of football.

It has become as polorizing as politics.....people made their mind up a long time ago and refuse to ever consider any good point that might ever happen, be it a coach, an owner, a player....whatever it might be.

Things are not as simplistic as “black and white”.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Likeable? Nah.

9. Roy322

Roy322 Starter

catch 22 game if we win they will say jacksonville didnt play hard if we lose they will say we didnt show up . Hope we have a good game with no injuries and that we get to play next week

• High Five High Five x 4
  10. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar