Post-Game Thread Game 14 Final Score: Titans 46 - Lions 25

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

82 drunk..

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

82 drunk..

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Titans have stopped almost nobody on defense this year.

For the Titans to win, the offense has to score over 30 and play near perfect football.

The only margin for error for the offense is if the defense can force turnovers. Today the defense was able to do that, but the Lions still had over 400 yards of offense without their best receiver and an injured QB. I'm very concerned about this D in the playoffs.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

Enjoying this win and glad that we don't have anymore "Trap" games. A win next week with a clots lose may allow us to rest our guys the following week at hou.

5. 8Bruce8

8Bruce8 Starter

The D is gonna cost us in the playoffs. I feel it in my bones. Soo annoying as our O could go all the way.

6. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

this is the same Detroit Lions team that scored 24 points against the Green Bay Packers and nearly won that game was only down by seven points at the end and had 300 yards of total offense.
    The Titans gave up 400 yards of total offense to the same team and they didn't score but 25 points.
    The difference is the Titans scored nearly 50 against them.
    so I think you are exaggerating a little bit this Titans team has an all-world offense not just a good offense like one of the top possibly 10 offenses ever in the league.
    of course I would like the Titans to be a defense like the 85 bears but that's not going to happen so deal with it.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

lol

8. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

This defense is bottom 5 in the league in most major statistical categories. Saying it is as bad as this offense is good isn't an exaggeration.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

W
    Well, as of this week, we stopped 10 other teams

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  10. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

I never said that the defense was good or even mediocre but you keep acting like the defense is all that matters.
    The point is is that the Titans have given up 25 points against a team that has Matthew Stafford on it, I just think you need to chill out.
    again this is the NFL which means that teams are going to score points regardless of how good your defense is unless you have some all-worldly defense and if you have that you usually don't have a good offense.
    look around the league every week and you'll see team scoring points even bad teams even two and 12 teams are going to score points.
    so you're freaking out over nothing.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar