Pre-Game Thread Game 1: Raiders @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 5, 2017.

?

Raiders @ Titans: Who wins?

Poll closed Sep 10, 2017.
  1. Raiders by 1-3

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  2. Raiders by 4-6

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. Raiders by 7-9

10 vote(s)
    9.9%
  4. Raiders by 10-13

10 vote(s)
    9.9%
  5. Raiders by 14 or more

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. Titans by 1-3

18 vote(s)
    17.8%
  7. Titans by 4-6

25 vote(s)
    24.8%
  8. Titans by 7-9

20 vote(s)
    19.8%
  9. Titans by 10-13

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  10. Titans by 14 or more

8 vote(s)
    7.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Decker,Matthews, Walker, Taylor, Henry/Murray and Mariota all on the field at once..... I'll take that line up against Oakland's dbs all day and twice on Sunday... And I didn't even mention Davis :nudgewink:.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. kenny

kenny Starter

I'm afraid Mularkey is going to hold this offense back too much. All these offensive weapons don't mean anything; if you run 2 WR sets every time you pass.

My other issue is predictability. Far too often we repeat the same pattern to start series. Run on 1st & 2nd down.....Then pass when you MUST. It puts a lot of pressure on the QB & 2 WRs to get open last the sticks. When it works (Running on 1st & 2nd down) it works....When it doesn't work; it puts us in damn near impossible offensive positions. The defense KNOWS the pass is coming. We trot out our 2 WRs. The best 2 CBs on their roster covers them. If Delanie cannot get open before the pass rush gets to Marcus; we at screwed, & punting. I know everyone is all aboard the hype train. However, realistically the coaching staff has GOT to get better at play calling; before this team is going to the playoffs.

I would LOVE to see this team come out set to run on the 1st offensive snap of the game; and go play action deep to a WR or Walker. THAT would be a game plan that no one expects to see. EVERYONE in the world knows our 1st snap of this game is going to be a run play. Do not get me wrong. I want us to run the ball. We NEED to in order to keep Carr off the field. Our secondary is not going to stop them; I am afraid. However, I feel this offense REALLY NEEDS a level of unpredictability to run & pass effectively. The coaching staff was not good at that last year. Mularkey's offense has a lot of moving parts & shifts to it. Most of it is window dressing & never really changes much about the play being ran. Defenses were not ready for that last year & it helped. I do not see that being enough to win games alone this year. Just my opinion; & I HOPE I AM WRONG.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. kenny

kenny Starter

I really hope this is the year we take it to another level. We have the weapons to do so...... I am just not confident we have the coaching staff to use them.

Anyway it goes I will be rooting for them. I always do. I can have my opinions & still love my team. I've done it for years. I just hope that this is the year we finally break through. If it is; I will be the most happy wrong guy ever....

4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I think we come out staring the game in a hurry up offense, 5 wide with Decker, Mathews, Taylor, Jackson & Davis. We attack, Attack and then ATTACK some more. 7-0 Titans at the 13:42 minute mark.

Totally plausible ;)

Hey a guy can dream.

• LOL LOL x 2
  5. Raider9175

Raider9175 Starter

Go watched that game again. Raider Wr 's dropped so many easy passes last year , or that game isn't even close.

6. Raider9175

Raider9175 Starter

The Raiders have easily a top three offense( better be prepared to score a lot of points) . Cooper and Crabtree are the one of the best starting Wr duo in the game.( Cooper jacked up- added about 10 pounds of muscle) Seth Roberts is no joke either .( played last year with double hernia) .
    Now add Beastmode to the other faster shifter backs ( Deandre Washington - looks like a totally different runner , and Jalen Richard)

Throw in a very fast Te ( Jared Cook ) that teams have to account for ( opens up more parts of the field and makes the duo of Crabtree and Cooper that much more lethal.
    Cordaelle Patterson - the premier return man. Look for quick passes to him to get him in space .( let him use those returner skills. Also look for Raiders to use him out of the backfield. Get him matched up on a lb/ safety in coverage. Even can stretch the Field vertically .
    Carr without a doubt is the best Qb Patterson had to play with.

Yes Titans big Wr are the least of the Raiders worries, again that isn't the type of Wr's the Raiders struggle with.
    Delanie Walker going to be nightmare for the Raiders defense.

7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Jared cook blows.

Lynch had a year off, curious what effect that may have. Titans had a pretty good run d last year so I don't expect much out of the Raiders running the ball.

8. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

i hate losing predictably , rather go out throwing down field and taking risks. We can run 1st and 2nd down when we have a 2 score lead in the 4th quarter . Teams will ALWAYS take our running game into consideration be it by the backs or Marcus . I heard Murray ran against more 8+ box sets than any other back in the league which is a good example of our predictability. Also every time we go into 2 minute style of offense it seems Marcus gets us downfield in a hurry . All quarterbacks need a rhythm but especially Marcus . I love Mariota but sometimes he does seem to get nervous at the end of tight games , i think if the coaches cut him loose more , he will get over the anxiety.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Doesn't change the fact that we still almost won. :p

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Might actually do that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar