Game Day Thread Game 1: Giants @ Titans GDT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

One final rant from me.

Our mentality / execution when the game was on the line at the end was inept.

We took 18 seconds to waste a timeout and move backwards 3 yards so the kick is on the correct hash. Ironically Bullock's kick might have been OK from 44 yards, not 47. How do we not run at least another 1 more aggressive play to make the kick easier!?

Compare that approach to the Chiefs last year who were able to drive 13 seconds to get into FG range from their own 20.

We are a poverty team.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

It comes down to coaching philosophy. The Chiefs have Andy Reid. But even a defensive HC like Sean McDermott understands the value of a modern offense. But we have a defensive HC employing old school tactics. The only time the Titans ever LOOKED like a modern NFL offense was under Art in 2019/20. At least last year we could just throw it up to AJ to bail us out, but that's gone now.

If there's one thing I respect about Downing, it's his preference to run empty backfields and get the RBs involved vertically in the passing game. His play-calling can just be horribly incompetent and stale at times.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Jessica

Jessica Starter

I was driving for the first half but I saw him once, late in the second maybe.That one hurt because we looked a little lost in the second half. Especially that last play call. Wtf?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah- Arthur Smith used to have a wrinkle in every other series that kept defenses on their heels, letting King Henry blast through the gap, or bounce it. The real problem I saw on replay remains Todd Downing and the impractical wrinkles his no talent azz is trying to implement.

Week 1- no need to cast crepe paper. Likely we're 0-2 after MNF- still not deadly. We just need to take care of our divisional games and keep up with the Colts.

5. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

If Todd Downing were a serial murderer, he would be known as “The Drive Killer.”

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. apathaeticTN

apathaeticTN Starter

that game was classic titans playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Ghosts of jeff fisher with that play calling in the 4th quarter. Didn't see most of the game but it looked like same vanilla offense

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

it was pretty obvious to me that julio was still elite just by watching him every game. even in a 3 for 40 type of game he ran hard and never dropped a pass.

dont understand why u basically give him the entire year off to get healthy and then pay money to get rid of him

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Well the good news is Tannehill gave us a winning drive but sometimes you miss field goals that you should make, it is what it is.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I am concerned about Henry. I'm not sure if what I saw last night was a RB that got 0 snaps during the preseason or a RB that is on the downside of his career. He looked like he was running with huge weights on his feet out there.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

JRob being JRob.

Or trade your #1 WR for a #1 pick who is unproven. .

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar