Post-Game Thread Game 1 Final Score: Titans 16 - Broncos 14

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I do think we are the 2nd best team in the AFC. We were more consistent tonight, but less explosive. We need to get that explosiveness back.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

Can't sleep, part of the reason is the nerve wrecking Win , the other part is because I'm in Nuevo Laredo Tamaulipas Mexico.
    Last season every game I saw here the Titans won.
    Damn football-stition.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

So my wife finally really started to get into football about 3 years ago. She finally got to experience the true gut wrenching ending of a classic Titans football game.

since from the time right before the last FG up through the last play she just kept saying how her stomach was hurting from being all clenched and she felt like she was going to be ill. I looked at her and said,” welcome to being a true a Titan fan”.

A win is a win, I’ll take it. But can we please not become Jeff Fishers wet dream again.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. tyronecalico

tyronecalico Starter

Did we even run any play actions at all in the second half?

5. Young54

Young54 Starter

Stupid Gostkowski cost me my spread! Should of gone for the TD at the end.

Jk... I prefer the win over the bet.

Had to expect sloppiness with the current situation. Also bad luck that the first game was at Denver. Gotta be happy with the W. Easy to be critical, but at the end of the day, offense had productive drives, D held a team on the road to 14 points while missing a key piece in the middle, we won. Gotta be happy with that. Can only get better form here. A lot of good we can build on.

Other thoughts:
    CD's hamstring might finally be healthy and Tanny is finally looking a him. Hope this is the CD we have all season.

Clowney was all over the place... in the 1st quarter. I think that's a good sign. Obviously conditioning was going to be a factor. Simmons also looked to get gassed early.

Byard was flying and aggressive. Should of been the C over Jones. Didn't see much of Jones at all.

Dennis Kelly held his own. Interior of the line was getting pushed back too much. Might of just been because he was sitting down, but Lewan looked chubby when he they showed him after he got hurt. Glad he was ok.

Not surprised by Henry. He starts of slow. Not worried. This will be a more balanced O.

I see people criticizing Tanny, but I think he played well. Can clean up a few mistakes but overall good start. Especially with no real running game in the second half.

Again, good stuff to build on. Will only get better. Now on to the Jags. I don't like that it's a short week, coming off a late game, form Denver. Could be another ugly W.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Haha, my wife was a cheerleader at Oregon and was a die hard college fb fan when we met. When Mariota came to Tennessee I was finally able to bring her to the NFL and it was a “finally we can share everything!” moment. She just about lost it on that third missed field goal tonight.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Literally made me laugh out loud. Tell your wife I said hello and welcome to the gang.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thats sweet

My wife just texts me from upstairs to shut up Im too loud

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  9. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

Just caught the whole thing on gamepass. I could barely watch the 25 yard chip shot! Good lord that was excruciating..
    However to give up 10 points on the road in Denver without your top CB, ILB and new OLB and still win is huge.
    All that matters is the W!

10. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

And with our MVP having a lackluster game. But good thing he picked it up in the 4th and had a few good key runs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar