Gage signs new contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Why Davis He's done more than "The Freak" P-Willy who was a 3rd rounder and non-existant don't hear that much. Aren't 3rd rounders supposed to be decent and at least come off the inactive list.

Davis has some ability he just needs to hold onto the ball.

Bye bye Moulds, Givens, Jones, and P-Willy or Mike Williams.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I hate to say this but i think paul williams is going to end up a total dud. And chris davis nothing more than a bit player. We have to see what they can do but williams as many remember was no great shakes as a college player. Dumb pick.

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Gage Jones and R. Williams are the only wrs who should have roster spots on this team

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Why does Jones warrant a spot on the team what has he done to impress you or anybody for that matter I just don't know why some people still want his stone hands on our roster.

Keep catching those bricks BJ....just somewhere else.

5. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

If you hate the fact that BJ has inconsistent hands, then why do you want Bernard Berrian? His hands are just as bad and Brandon actually runs more than 2 routes.

Just wanted you to know...

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

7. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

I wasnt talkin production. Anyone can look at stats. Fact is, Grossman throws a great, great deep ball. Berrian is fast enough to beat coverage deep and catch the deep bombs. Thats the only route he runs well, though. He has issues with his hands often and only really runs the curl besides the fade...

If I had the Bears games on the computer I would tell you to watch those and knock yourself out...stats mean crap a lot of the time...this time is one of them.

You could make a case for Jones being a more complete receiver. He has good speed, has hands on the same level as Berrian, he goes across the middle, gets more physical, and runs more than 2 routes. Has Berrian been more successful as of late? Yeah, but thats all due to Grossman believe it or not. See, the casual fan doesnt realize this, but Bernard was in an out of games when Grossman didnt play. When Rex was in, though, Berrian seemed to be focused in on in Chicago's offense a lot more...because Turner was allowed to mix Rex's biggest threat (his deep ball) with Bernard's only threat (the fade).

But go on and keep looking at stats...maybe you will be able to fool somebody one day

8. It's too early to tell. And he had an all-conference junior season before being hurt much of his senior year.

Hopefully he develops, but it's also not like we've never blown a 3rd round pick before.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i know paul williams didn't even play last year, but chris davis had more fumbles (6) than he did receptions (5). he also averaged less than 8 YPC.

if pacman wasn't suspended he isn't picked by us last year.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Assuming we either sign another FA WR and / or draft a WR fairly high we could see many of the old guard at WR gone including Jones IMO. Remeber we still have Ealy, P. Williams and Davis along with Gage, R. WIlliams and Jones and I guess you could add in M. Williams as well.

Jones biggest problem IMO is staying healthy. Although everyone remembers his drop in the Indy game I still think he can be a decent WR because he has made plays in the past and unless everyone forgets he was in line to possibly that #1 guys for us as early as the start of last year. Still, if he doesn't come in and show improvement he could be gone or traded. It should be a dog fight for roster spots in camp and there is no reason to keep guys who have proven they aren't going to develop. Then again, Gage was kinda that type of guy and after his stint with the Bears it looked like he finally broke out so who knows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar