Gage Makes Impression at OTA's

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by theprizdfighter, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

:monkey: Guys, you are making too big of a deal over the use of some indefinite pronouns, like Gunny menitioned the guy just loves the spotlight.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm not begging for it. My jock feels like the world's sitting on it at this point. Talk about some guy in a blue jersey that has sucked his first 3 years and the mob comes after me.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I've never heard such profound logic as this. Like many have pointed out, not everyone posted in that thread. Still more obvious, that was not the only thread on draft day regarding Chris Henry. Still, even if people were upset with the pick initially (who has ever seen Arizona's backup running back play?), just because they changed their mind a mere 30 minutes later does not necessarily make them a homer (although there is a fair amount of those here as well). Some people are actually persuaded by logical arguments. Obviously, you are not in that group. I think everyone realizes by now that you have no valid points.

4. has everyone realized that all he does is bash the titans also?

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Never? Well, it wasn't my best, but it was oddly funny. I know you liked the 'L Word" part. You said, "Well, I'm going to watch the "L Word," anyway."

Try never mixing your legos with your lincoln logs when you make a lame comeback. Cuz the ish just won't stack up.

I think you should change your name to "El Goat." You can shorten it to L-Goat if you like.

And yes, you should have to clarify, El Goat. In Spanish, you can have a hundred females of anything, but if there is one male, then you have to change the whole thing to masculine when referring to the group. Point is, the exception does make the difference. To ignore it makes you wrong.

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Showing something this week when no-one is hitting doesn't mean squat. I've got no optimism about Gage. The guy is fragile and inconsistent. If he's on our roster for the season opener I'll be surprised. If he's still on our roster at the end of the season I'll be amazed.

He's had 5 years to prove he is an NFL caliber starting receiver and you are showing optimism on a copule of OTA's without pads on.

Obvoiusly we didn't land Keyshawn, but if you are trying to justify that we are better off with Gage anyway, then you're out of your mind.

Keyshawn's averages per game (and they haven't changed much from his rookie year to last year) were:

5 Rec, 63 yds, 1 TD every 2.5 games

Gage's averages

1.3 Rec, 18.5 yds, 1 TD every 12.25 games.

Thinking Gage will have a breakout year this year after 5 years in the league is delusional.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I just stumbled in here and found a quote from gloat referring to optimism, and other people bashing it... is this some kind of twilight thread?

8. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Remember that Chicago is where recievers go to not catch balls.

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

And Tennessee is where they go to get injured.

10. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Or to be high priced FA (see Bennett and Wade)...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar