Gage Makes Impression at OTA's

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by theprizdfighter, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

http://www.titansonline.com/news/newsmain_detail.php?PRKey=4790

I'm glad to see this. I thought he might stand out in our WR core like this.

“The stats don’t really show it, but just coming out to practice you can see the talent that we have [at WR]. It’s definitely a wide-open position and Vince is looking for somebody to throw the ball to. That’s a beautiful thing having a whole group of guys coming in and competing for not only a starting spot, but a spot on the team. That just takes the competition level to its highest point.” -Gage

True

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

"Yesterday, Gage went up high in the air and made a one-handed touchdown catch in the end zone. Today, Gage again leaped high to make a great catch over two defenders in the end zone, while showing more consistency catching the ball."

Sounds good. If he has good hands as I expect, there's no reason to look at Keyshawn. I wondered what Key would bring that one of the new guys couldn't accomplish.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

production instead of potential. we've got lots of those potential guys on this team, not many producers.

4. Deuce Wayne

Yeah, but possession receivers aren't hard to find. Most your potential guys are the ones you expect to be fast with good hands and all that. All Keyshawn did was run short routes, and catch the ball. Surely that's replaceable in just about any situation. There's got to be a guy that can run 10 yards deep, cut back and catch consistently.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Hopefully it's a sign of things to come and he keeps working and improving.

He's stayed after a few times to work with VY which was good to see.

I'm seeing Solomon, Roydell, and Roby gone.

6. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Really? Then why are teams always looking for them?

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

hang on

wasn't it just yesterday we were bashing the guy for not looking good, 4 catches, MR not having a clue, why sign him etc etc etc?

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

every time I hear this, I am always reminded of how well Jeoy Kent was doing .... the year he was cut ... :suspect:

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

people have had a chance to drink their titan juice now.

10. Deuce Wayne

No, it was a few months ago. On draft day everyone. And i mean EVERYONE hated the Chris Henry pick too, but we're not going to sit around hoping he fails. Instead you say 'ok, this is what we've got. Let's deal with it and hope he pulls a miracle out of his arse".
    But some people can't seem to understand this. I bet you loved the Gage pickup the day it happened because he got a titan jersey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar