Gabbert appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JustAFan, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

If that INT didn't so closely resemble that of a million others he's thrown, or if he didn't miss out on 2 red zone TDs, then I would have more fond memories of Mariota' s first half. But that wasn't my point

The offense has more options with Mariota at QB. Overall he can make more throws more consistently. But we never know when his inconsistency will rear its ugly head, like when he missed easy TDs. We know Gabbert, which throws he can make consistently and which we should only attempt out of desperation, and I think that we can trust him to execute a game plan designed for him. With Mariota, you don't know what to expect, or if he can execute consistently enough to trust him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

so you'd rather piddle around with a gimmick offense instead of taking our lumps with our real qb? seems silly. all QBs make mistakes and we need him to start getting comfortable in the new offense. also mariota is notoriously good against the jags in his career.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Zero turnovers is all I care about.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

The offense was a gimmick because of the tackle situation moreso than Gabbert. The production was relatively consistent with Mariota during the previous week. I never suggested that we start Gabbert ahead of him, just that I trust the coaching staff to develop a good plan that Gabbert could have executed and led us to a victory over Miami.

5. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

I've had him in my keeper league since 2001...

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Great win for us but lets not go over board on gabbert.

7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

If you need to explain this to anyone, they are not worth your time.

8. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

under unfortunate circumstances i agree with you. Gabbert is a safer option than 2017 Mariota, but i guess we are all hoping for 2015 & 2016 Mariota back. If he never comes back than Gabbert is just our bridge QB. I don’t expect another game like the one vs the Texans because other teams are going to prepare, stack the box, and actually force Gabbert to throw the ball down the field. Which is something he is terrible at.

9. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

Problem with Mariota is that he's trying too hard not to turn it over. I'd rather he went out there and be a gunslinger. Ya he will throw ints but he'll also create huge plays and scores, like Farve, as an example. What this team needs is a damn defense for when turnovers happen the don't allow points on the board

10. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Stanford has that approach to the game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar