G.I. Joe 2 delayed almost a full year for....

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by SawdustMan, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

.... 3D post-conversion!!!11!1!

http://collider.com/g-i-joe-2-retaliation-release-date-3d/168222/

Now, I'm personally not a fan of 3D but I'm not one of these snobs that bemoans it's very existence either. But this is pretty freaking insane. Particularly this late in the game. It was scheduled to release June 29th and has now been pushed back to March 29, 2013. There have already been trailers and TV spots.

IDK, just seems like VERY sloppy business and a kick in the nuts to everyone who has really been looking forward to it. I didn't like the first G.I. Joe but this one actually looked like it might be pretty decent. I personally won't miss it this summer. I just couldn't believe this story when I saw it and wanted to see what everyone else thought about it. Was anyone here really looking forward to it? If not, how pissed would you be if this happened with something you were anxiously awaiting, say Dark Knight Rises?

I would love to see this move totally backfire but I'm sure the movie will still do well.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That is ages, hopefully it leads to better 3D, not that I will see it at the movies.

Although, on that subject, I recently watched Thor and Captain America in 3D at home and found the 3D is quite good compared to watching it at a cinema. I think it being on a smaller screen actually helps it.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't "post-conversion" usually a bad thing?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well that's what I was getting at. They don't film it in 3D like Avatar but add it afterwards, like Clash of the Titans, Avengers, Thor, Capt America.

I found its not to bad on a normal sized TV in 3D vs what it's like in cinemas.

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

3D is the second worst thing to happen to film making in the last decade. Lack of quality writers is first.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I personally hate 3D movies in the theaters.

It was cool for a time or two, but got old fast.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't mind it, but it doesn't add much.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I really do not like it, I spend too much time thinking about the 3D than I do actually on the movie.

9. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

3D is a 70 year old off and on again gimmick.
    Also the first film sucked so why even care about the second.

10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Well, if I wasn't watching it before... not happening now.

3D is for movies with terrible plots. Ask Avatar.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar