Fuller Feels Right Decision Was to Remain a Titan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Vincent Fuller was faced with a big decision after the season. He could become an unrestricted free agent and see what teams might be willing to make him a starter or he could remain a Titan as the nicke

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Good move. And glad we kept him.

3. Lil BLUE

Lil BLUE Camp Fodder

He seems like a stand up guy.I respect a guy that could more then likly get more money and be a starter choose to be a titan and help this team win.but i did like king when he was helthy he was haper jr.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Uh, from a position standpoint he is a starter. If we came out in a game with the nickel on our first play, he would be out there.

And I'm quite glad we kept him. One of the most underrated players on our team. His picks at the very least tend to get ran back for excellent field postion if not touchdowns.

5. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

[​IMG]

slap it here fuller!!!

6. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I'm glad he stayed,hes a solid football player and seems like a real stand up guy. I'd be very interested to see how he would play corner if givin the opportunity. His situation is much like Finnegan's,started out in nickel packages and then got moved to the outside and became a starter. Harper is getting up there in age so i think it could be a realistic move,just a thought..

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Kinda makes you wonder if there was a reason we didn't draft a CB very high.
    I think it would be more feasible to move Fuller outside then put one of the others in the depth chart in at nickel.

8. amy

amy Starter

"When it got down to it, the situation presented itself with all the opportunities, to stay in the organization you’re familiar with, to play on a good team, and a team that has a chance at winning, and to be compensated nicely and just be comfortable. It all turned and pointed to that direction."

It appears that he and his family thought other aspects of the situation were more important than making more millions. It's good to know that some people think 7 million dollars is enough to get by on! lol

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Fuller's a backup safety playing nickel. He'll probably never play actual corner for us. Faggins or or one of the new guys will be in there if Harper or Finnegan goes down.

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Finnegan played safety in college and came onto this team as the nickel back.
    Never say never buddy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar