From Titans Online - Dare to Compare: Mariota's First 4 Years to McNair and Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tungtide, May 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

NOPE....

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Hater

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. WV2SoCalTitan

WV2SoCalTitan Starter

Do you realize only 5 qbs in the entire league met that criteria last season? Push the TO to 15, and its still only 10 guys.

Your numbers are great for fantasy football leagues, but the NFL has 32 teams, so it's just not realistic to expect that. A more accurate threshold for starting qb would be about 3200, 20 and <15 to.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Love you too Alz. :)

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"Marcus Mariota is better than Steve McNair and as good as Drew Brees at this point in their careers."- The Mary Fairies.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think there’s room for debate on the specific stats but I thinks it’s worth pointing out that Mariota has had back to back garbage seasons and to be considered the long term guy, he should be above the literal “avg” QB.

Add a couple TD (10 reaches 29, 5 reaches 34) or yards (15 broke the 3800 mark, 12 broke 4K) and his TO numbers going up would still look impressive. 50TD and 15 INT is worth it over 27/14.
    Separately, not all his fault, but his sack numbers need to drop. The OL got another upgrade, that should help.

If he phones in another 3K, 20 TD, 10INT, I’d give him the heave-ho outside staying onboard as backup.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Didn’t he already beat Brees?

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

What?

Mariota needs to go out and win games. You’re obviously not a coach or former player because a qb should never go out looking to hit a “stat” margin. That’s stupid John Madden.

That’s how you get unnecessary picks and turnovers.

How incredibly stupid would you look if we won the Super Bowl and he didn’t have those stats.

That’s why real football people don’t take you seriously

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I wish CJ would take me off of ignore. What is up with the obsession here?! lol. Beat Drew Brees? Who cares if he beat him and Brady for 1 game. Brees is light years ahead of Mariota in every aspect. Availability, accuracy, pocket presence, yards/TD’s, basically everything. Oh, and he has a Super Bowl ring. This dude can’t be serious....I don’t care if Mariota beats a good QB or team here and there....He loses ones he should or needs to win as well. And is a perennial .500 guy. 1 playoff appearance, and barely.....Give me a friggin break.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You have CTE.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar