From Titans Online - Dare to Compare: Mariota's First 4 Years to McNair and Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tungtide, May 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Best player on the defense

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Who is that comment referring to?
    You’ve gone so far off the rails you’re imagining arguments that don’t exist or at least are quoting the wrong guy.

Do you comprehend other people?

And ironically enough, you’re the one that suggested W/L should be credited to the QB. I directly contradicted that.

• Troll Troll x 1
  3. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

If he was putting up stats like a top 15 QB and was staying healthy, I wouldn't complain. But he hasn't done either of those things, and he has not proven that we can rely on him. So yeah, if he doesn't show go in a different direction this year, then we absolutely need to look at moving on.

It absolutely is a crapshoot to mortgage your future and take a QB high, but there have arguably been more successes than failures doing that lately. Also half measures of bringing in someone who failed somewhere else are not the answer either. Dozens of teams have tried that and they're always in stuck in QB purgatory. But Marcus also hasn't proven he deserves any kind of long term contract yet.

Looking into my crystal ball for this upcoming season, I'm going to guess that Marcus is ok, plays really well in some spots, has injury issues and misses a game or two, and we end up franchising him and end up in the same spot again next year.

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

It’s crazy. He is literally pointing at 10 people all sucking Vs 1 with an average record. He barely has a winning record. Some weren’t even his wins. .500 is the fight here?

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

It’s bizarre to say the least.

It continues to remind me of that thread a couple years back with an article talking about how Titans fans are attracted to the mediocre players. Some suggested it was because those mediocre players were among our “best” while the team was only winning 3 games.

#145 HurrayTitans!, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
  6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

What’s your definition of “plays well”?

Because many of you seem to already think he’s great.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

The VY blowers used that same argument too....

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I’m just confused because when you bring up average record, .500, it’s then blamed on everyone else each of the past 4 years......

• Boring Boring x 1
  9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I want Mary to throw for 4k, 28 TDs, 9 ints and then we franchise tag him with the hopes of making him our long term QB.

But you guys tell me daily I don’t know what the phuck I’m talking about. Lol

10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I’ve said the same things man. They easily forget that and say “I’m a broken record” or that everyone knows this etc.....They constantly throw stats, excuses, everyone else sucks, and that I’m a quote “hater”. Why? Because I State the obvious that he’s a .500 QB that’s often injured? It’s nuts....

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar