From the View of a Jets Fan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jets526, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

you guys seem to have a cake year.

Dolphins
    Bills
    Raiders
    Jaguars
    Bucs
    Bengals

the only tough games you have left is NO next week, Pats on in Nov and Indy in Dec.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Jets526...

As in the Ravens playoff game, the Titans showed they can move the ball and score points against your defense even though your defense is excellent! But just like that same game, turnovers killed us and we could not mount a last drive to win (or tie in this case) the game. However, I felt like neither team really wanted to win this thing in the 4th with both sides getting chances...Titans had opportunities to drive the ball for the game tying TD and the Jets had opportunities to get another TD or FG to seal it.

I was surprised the Titans got as much rush on him as they did and it felt like the Jets were running the ball to keep pressure off him. The Titans also had 2 opportunities to get turnovers they did when Sanchez (think his arm was hit) tossed a ball a Titan defender dropped and we forced him to fumble it but did get the ball. We get those turnovers and it's a different game and Sanchez day would have been marred. He played well enough to win. He had a great start, rough middle and OK end.

Your 4th quater defense was very good, BUT the Titans had opportunities. By my count the Titans had at least 4 critical dropped balls and at least 2 of those were in the 4th qtr and would have probably changed the ball game. When you can play a 3rd or 4th string cb 1v1 on Nate Washington with no Safety help and we can't complete a pass to him (dropped), that helps your D a whole lot.

It was a slug fest and AGAIN (for us), a game we had multiple opportunities to win and we didn't do it. The Jets had trouble trying to put us away but in the end, they made more plays than we did and it got you guys the win. We won those types of games last year but haven't done so this year. Winning in adverse conditions is a sign of a very good team. You guys have it rolling on all cylinders and will have a very fine season. I wish you all the best and I hope we meet again late in the season!

Thanks for popping in and sharing your thoughts. They are much appreciated.

Gut

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Congrats on the win. Good luck. Sanchez was impressive. Our rookie Mouton was not. His muffs made it too easy to score 14 points on the short field- but you guys deserve the credit. You converted them into TD's.

Good luck with the rest of the season. I think you guys are a lock for the wildcard at least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar