From the Gut: 13:07

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Tick, tick, tick...

All during training camp I heard the prognosticators calculating how many wins the Giants would get and how many they needed to finish at the top of the NFC East. As they went through the schedules of each NFC team and their weekly opponents, I couldn't help but be appalled at 'Giants at Tennessee... Giants win, Redskins vs Tennessee... Redskins win, Eagles vs Tennessee.... Eagles win, Ten at Dallas... Dallas win.' In the age of parity and any given Sunday, no one in NY gave the Titans even a fighting chance.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001892.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

I enjoyed reading that. Good stuff, Greg.

3. zackmann

zackmann Guest

good article...

one comment I have was your mention of the Giants depleted D line...

well, when their first round draft pick is a backup (Kiwi), things aren't quite as bad as they seem...

we had a backup DE also, but he just got signed from the practice squa...

I've read that mantra about the Giants depleted DLine alot this week and I just wanted to comment that the word backup has a different meaning for a veteran team like the Giants (backup=high draft pick or borderline starter) than it does for a young team like the Titans (backup=late draft pick or practice squad)...

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

haha From the Gut quality name.

5. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

"no one in NY gave the Titans even a fighting chance"

i did

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

We do the same thing on this board, speculate who we can beat each week. No biggie. And yes, the Giants have been decimated with injuries, worse than most teams, starting with Arrington, then losing both their DE's (one being Strahan). Petigout was a huge loss also. They remind me of us the year we had all those injuries.

7. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Good stuff Gut...I loved this quote:

He even took a vicious shot out of bounds which normally leads to the trainer asking questions... ("What's your name?" "Vince Young" "What position do you play?" "Quarterback" "Where are you?" "um...the field?"). Instead, he bounced up ready for more like Rocky Balboa saying... is that the best you've got?

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Injuries happen, everyone deals with them. The giants have had some terrible ones, but they still should have been able to close out that game. I was pumped, and we had to step up to do it, but they opened the door for us to take that one back. We have to keep ourselves from getting in holes like that.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

That was part of the collapse. Veterans can make the long haul, you start bringing in people that aren't used to playing full games and by the end they tire out, or make dumb mistakes (like hitting Vince OOB). Just a matter of keeping the pressure on. One thing I have noticed lately about our defense, even though we aren't shutting people down, we are flying to the ball, and tackling a lot better. Teams know they are going to get hit every play, and I think it is helping in the long run.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

True, we definitely are seeing more than last year, but I hope we can keep it going down the stretch. I want to see this team playing hard even with the playoffs out of reach. Hopefully, pride means something to them, and they'll show it. I'd love to finish with 7 wins or more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar