From Apprentice to Journeyman: Vince Young, Season One

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Since the day he declared for the draft in January 2006, Vince Young has been the subject of controversy. The Houston Texan fan base was torn between drafting the hometown hero or the Heisman Trophy winner, while there were many differing opinions among Titan fans about whom the team should draft.

Then there were the questions about VY: He scored what on the Wonderlic? Could he run in the NFL? Would his unconventional release affect his throws? How would he react to NFL speed and coverage schemes on defense? How long would it take before he was ready to play?

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I agree with most of the article. I do think his % will be higher, maybe around the 60% mark or so, woulda, shoulda been nearly that high this year except for the numerous drops. I don't chart those myself but I'm sure someone does, but VY was 184 of 357 this year or 51.5 % add in just one more catch per game that he played in (15) and his % goes up to 55.7%. Another thing I like is the route structure with VY and his recievers, his average completion is nearly 12 yards, which is very good for a rookie and in line with the better QB's. Not a lot of "check-down charlie" stat padding ala Carr and others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar