Friends with any Titans or NFL players?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RyansTitans, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Good to be back.

Gerald McRath posted on Twitter the other day about wanting to play Call of Duty all night and I tweeted him back asking if he would mind if I played with him. I told him we'd never lose since I'm pretty good and he said sure.

I played for about 2 hours and got to talk to him a little bit. We swapped numbers and told me to text him if I ever wanted to play at night and he was available.

He's a pretty cool guy. I really hope he gets a chance to start soon.

I never thought I'd actually become friends with a player from my favorite professional sports team. It was awesome to meet him.

So my question is. Does anybody here any have contact with a player from the NFL? Share your story. :cool:

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's not as good as yours but Jared Cook Jr.

Talk to him on twitter every once in a while and talked enough for him to be in my bracket challenge.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

That is really cool

I would say it is more possible for a second string linebacker to be able to do that, opposed to someone like Cortland or CJ. Not a slam on him at all.

I knew someone who worked out for the Giants coming out of college. He was a tightend that ran a sub 4.5 forty about the time when Troupe and Winslow came out.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

JCBrave and Griffin are bffs.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I told VY to his face that he needed to break down his throwing motion. I swear. I had been drinking and gathered up the courage. Plus, I hated the guy. I'm upset that I didn't say more.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I used to swap spot for Keith Bulluck, but my weights were to heavy for him.

• High Five High Five x 8
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I haven't made friends with any, but I had pretty long conversations with Kevin Mawae and former Saints TE, Ernie Conwell.

I was 17 when I struck up a conversation with Conwell. He was in the Cool Springs Circuit City in early 2007 after the team had their amazing season following Katrina. He was flattered I knew who he was, as he wasn't a big name player and no one knew who he was. He lived at Franklin at the time - I believe he had just retired. Cool guy.

Talked with Mawae about the lockout last May and made sure to tell him we all miss him on the field... Also mentioned that his absence is pretty noticeable. I didn't want to be a douche and take shots at Amano - even though I really wanted to.

I did happen to run into the weak links of our o-line (Amano and Harris) on separate occasions. I said absolutely nothing to them. Didn't want them to feel special.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I tweet at the players every once in a while but not in a creepy kinda big fan I love you but just conversations on everything else. I've met Steve McNair before but that's about it as far as Titans.

Outside the NFL I've met Larry Bird, I think that's it.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm friends with Michael Hoomanawanui TE from the Rams. Played with him in HS, and he's always been a family friend.

Other than that, I played Madden vs Alterraun Verner and he's my friend on XBL, lol.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I've met a lot of Titans but Brad Hopkins was by FAR the nicest.

I've met:

Jeff Fisher (the nicest guy)
    Bruce Matthews (quiet but very nice)
    Eddie George (the COOLEST guy)
    Steve McNair (quiet)
    Frank Wycheck (HUGE douche)
    VY (just as stupid as you'd think)

Rob Bironas was in the stall next to me at a bar once (we were both 3 sheets to the wind)...the only thing I said to him was "Hey, Rob", "Yeah?", "Thanks for the 20 points in fantasy last week", "Ha, you're welcome", "oh, and that commercial of you kicking that fax machine out the window kills me everytime"...Rob cracked up.

Those are the big names but I've met dozens of others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar