Freeney

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm not too sure about getting Freeney, I feel that we'd overpay him, I'd rather the titans use their money on a CB like Samuels, or Clements, there's some good talent in the draft at D-Line as well...

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Some other DE--dl options..

Jared allen of the chiefs might be available. Would be a nice run defender on the left side and enable us to move KVB over to the right side. Allen is also still young and had 7.5 sacks this year.

Vonnie holliday would be interesting fill in guy because he can play inside or out and would be a nice LE on run downs and DT on passing downs.

Anthony marshall a starting DT for the texans might be available and would be a nice replacement at DT if we can't bring robaire back.

Sign starks, get haynesworth signed to a long term deal and sign 2 of those guys above and we are in pretty good shape without burning all our money. Then we can draft a DE in rds one or two for the future. Still leaves funds for a guy like clememts and maybe another WR.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

think you mean anthony maddox.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

uh... he just showed up on TV in a Colts uni with a FF.

5. Yeah, well, despite all appearances to the contrary, I'm not perfect... ;)

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Our best bet at DE IMO is to look to the draft. As to the statement made earlier that we could just add anyone and we would be better than LaBoy or Odom I disagree. We could easily spend money on a guy who doesn't upgrade over them that much.

As far as Jerad Allen I would consider him if we don't have to empty the bank for him. Really depends on what the Chiefs want to do. He would cost us a 1st rounder + the salary so if we think there is a guy at 19 we can draft who could be comparable we are better to just draft one. No way I give up two 1st rounders for Freeney. With his salary and the draft picks the cost would be too much. Charles Johnson or Victor Abiamiri at 19 are viable options.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Huh?

8. Possibly a first and 3rd rounder plus the major contract (if they use the high tender) for Allen. And his DUI issues may make him persona non grata...

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

How did Freeny do today?

10. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

Id say no thanks to Freeney. He is a great pass rusher, but isnt that strong against the run. And obviously we need to upgrade our run D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar