Free Agent Wishlist

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

And they can't afford to keep their young studs because of those FA signings...

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The irony is that you are refusing to listen to yourself. I quoted what you said and yet you argue with your own premise and think people are gonna fall for your 'fluff.'

And the most telling part of your argument is all you can do is throw personal attacks and make stuff up which isn't true. Additionally, you can't answer a very simple question. If he's a starter, at what position is he starting and if he's starting, who is he replacing.

Lastly, again I will repeat back to you what you have said which is that he would be depth at OLB (not starting) and be brought in at DE or OLB on passing downs. If he's not starting and only coming on the field for passing downs, how would he play as much as Orakpo....or more? Assuming they both are healthy, Orakpo will play a significantly greater amount as he doesn't really come off the field. To put it another way you said, he'd get about as much playing time as Klug - who is a backup and situational pass rusher.

If our plan was only to play Jalen Ramsey as a nickel cb, I'd make the same argument. A #1 overall player who's not a QB needs to play and get all the snaps at his position and that position can't be as a part time player!

If you think I'm not listening, try answering the question above and you'll understand what the problem is with your argument.

Also notice how Bosa is slowly sliding down people's draft boards.

#192 Gut, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Considering I haven't been wrong yet....keep trying!!! LOL

Your post sounds good except it doesn't mean anything. The word most only means you'd only need 1 more starting tackle to have been taken in round 1 to make it agree with what you say. Additionally, I don't know what your definition is of starting quality.

Is Mitchell Schwartz starting caliber? Did he go in round 1? Did we have a Pro Bowl RT who was gotten in the 4th round a while back? If you over the last 5-10 years, you'll find plenty of starting quality (or better) OT's who camr outside of round 1. If you actually pay attention, you'll again find your perception that all OT's outside of the first round are 'scraps!' is incorrect!!!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Really? Which non-qb players taken #1 overall have been worked in and not started?

5. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

See there. You just refuted your own argument. Taking Bosa at No.1 would mean he will not be a backup, as you alleged. Thanks for the assist! :)

• Troll Troll x 1
  6. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Pffft. You're a little teenager wasting way too much time on here, trying to sound informed when you aren't. You don't know what you are talking about and you were probably one of those Mariota haters prior to the draft, last year. "He's a system QB and will be a bust, yada, yada, yada."

Go find a brick wall to argue with, cause it's time to put you on the ignore list.

• Troll Troll x 1
  7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

image.jpeg

• LOL LOL x 3
  8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I didn't refute MY argument, I'm refuting YOURS. Your last point was that rookies get 'eased' into playing time. Which is why I asked you what non-qb #1 overall pick was eased into anything. As with the other things you don't know but make up....you have no answer when someone points out the truth.

You are the one that said he was depth (as I quoted your post).

You are the one that said a depth (backup player) would get more time than a starter...which is a lie. You said yourself he'd get Klug like playing time. Does Klug get more snaps than Casey? Nope!

If Morgan wasn't on this team and hadn't just been re-signed last season, you could make an argument for Bosa to come in and play LOLB. But since we HAVE Morgan, one of them would be on the bench and that's a giant waste of talent to be riding the pine for far too many snaps.

And the FACT that NFL teams don't waste talent the way you've been suggesting (depth, ease him into it) shows that you simply don't know what you're talking about. But I am amused that when I point this out, you try to change the subject.

LOL!

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Hmmmm....considering my personal knowledge of NFL football goes back to the 70's, there is zero chance I'm a teenager. But thanks for thinking of me as younger!

It's funny. Someone who 'says' I'm trying to 'sound' informed but can't answer simple questions is a rather telling sign of which one of us knows what he's talking about. And when you say things that are blatantly false and proven to be so, kind of kills your credibility. And throw in that you try to ignore the question in lieu of a personal attack....

And by the way, I had the Titans pick in this site's mock draft last year and guess who I chose.......Marcus Mariota! So you are incorrect again.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

Coup de Grace

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar