Free Agency Update: Titans May Be Top Choice for Harper

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by killacalititans, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

harper and stallworth would be great, hopefully they pull the trigger and actually do it. instead of just talking about it.

2. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I'm all for signing Harper. Then get it done with D. S. and try to get Grant W. to come east for a visit. That would end up being a pretty good off season IMO.

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

heck yea..

Stallworth
    Harper
    Winstrom
    Rhoads

Perfect offseason..

Plus the draft?

DAYUM

4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I've said all along that Nick Harper would be a great pickup for us. Going into this offseason he was considered the third best available CB behind Clements and Samual and I'm sure we could get him at a deal that will REALLY make the 9ers look like they overpaid. :grrhee:

As for Fowler, this is what Scouts have to say:

"Fowler is tenacious and tough. He is a physical upfield defender. He isn't afraid to step up and fill against the run. He uses his hands fairly well and will deliver a blow. He is a good finisher. He is steady against the run and has an excellent motor. But Fowler is a straight-line player who isn't particularly agile or fluid. He doesn't change directions or move laterally very well. He lacks great speed and range. He has trouble in turn-and-run coverage situations, getting to the perimeter and playing in space. He isn't much of a playmaker."

Isn't much of a playmaker eh? Next.

5. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

Last time I saw a list like this it listed a lot of players we did not get. I agree that's a nice looking list but lets just look a little deeper. I think Winstrom is a reach considering how much teams will throw at him, plus I am not sure he's worth it.
    Rhoads IMO is not an upgrade over Henry. Sorry he had nice moments but I would rather let our 2nd or 3rd round pick address that.
    Stallworth would be interesting, but fool me once (Yancey) fool me twice (Pickens) fool me three times (Givens) another injury waiting to happen. His hammy injury list is bad, he's missed as many games as he's played.
    Harper is the best of the bunch, but if he's our replacement for Pac :rolleyes: ouch. If Pac's here that may be nice.

We need to package some of our picks and climb up the draft board. We need impact players not role players we have plenty of those. We cannot win with this habit of drafting these guys who are special teamers at best on other teams. We have 11 picks again. I say forget these free agents save the money use our picks to get impact. I owuld rather have 3 impact players than a draft full of scrubs. Then next year seriously contend for worthy free agents.

6. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

Everyone keeps saying we got 11 draft picks so we are cool. What many fail to point out is 6 of those picks are 5 -7 rounders and will be lucky to make most teams. The holes we got aren't going to be plugged by a 6th round choice unless very, very lucky. ****, look at Sirmon and Rocky Calmus, Calico, Woolfork a pair of 3rd rounders, a 2nd and 1 st that had almost no impact except one year by Sirmon. We should look at how many picks we have in the first 4 rounds which are 5 (an extra 4th rounder I think) and try to maximize thoughs if we are looking to build via the draft. IMHO.

7. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Holy sheet guys.

Could you imagine if Pac dosent get cut/traded/suspended

We could be looking at this for our secondary

CB.PacMan
    CB.Harper
    S.Hope
    S.Lowry/Landry/Fuller/Thompson/Hamlin​

8. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Any help on defense I'm happy with right now... Just wish Reese was GM still, he pushed the dollars last offseason.

9. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I don't think you can have five players play the same position at once. :ha:

10. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Is he cute? My friend needs a new boyfriend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar